Any Experience with the Quench Beverage Package?

cruz-in

Hi, 

We are considering the "Quench Beverage Package" for our next cruise. I did a search and did not find many posts on it. Daily we consume a few (me three and wife one or two ) alcoholic drinks but really enjoy the speciality coffees, bottled water and a few cokes a day. Given this, the Quench Beverage Package (and purchasing alcohol al a carte) seems like a good  option. 

I appreciate hearing anyone's experience with it. 

Quoting from the HAL site: 

"Quench Beverage Package: unlimited nonalcoholicbeverages including any juices, bottled water, nonalcoholic cocktails, nonalcoholic beers and specialty coffees for $17.95 per person, per day. "

• Like 2

On 1/3/2019 at 9:04 PM, Jareds_mommytoo said:

We had it last cruise it worked well for us and our teens, this next cruise we have the explore 4 and have purchased the teens the quench package again

5 hours ago, Cruising Is Bliss said:

We really like the Quench package. We're doing the 14 day Alaska in July and will get it again.

👍👍👍  Agree  - this has been our experience as well.  OP, if you have any other specific questions about the Quench Package, I suggest you call HAL Ship Services ( Phone: 1–800–541–1576).  Enjoy your cruise.

My sister and I got the Quench package and just used it on the Koningsdam.  We liked it, and were pleased to receive free thermal cups with lids for our sodas.  I felt we got good value for the cost.  Just one surprise, I did get charged for my lattes at the Dutch Cafe.  In contrast, the fancy coffees at the Crows Nest coffee shop (which offered more flavors like vanilla, etc.) were free.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JanMcD said:

My sister and I got the Quench package and just used it on the Koningsdam.  We liked it, and were pleased to receive free thermal cups with lids for our sodas.  I felt we got good value for the cost.  Just one surprise, I did get charged for my lattes at the Dutch Cafe.  In contrast, the fancy coffees at the Crows Nest coffee shop (which offered more flavors like vanilla, etc.) were free.

Thanks for the coffee tip. Fancy coffees is one fo the big reasons we will be purchasing  the Quench Beverage Package. 

21 hours ago, JanMcD said:

Just one surprise, I did get charged for my lattes at the Dutch Cafe.  In contrast, the fancy coffees at the Crows Nest coffee shop (which offered more flavors like vanilla, etc.) were free.

15 hours ago, cruz-in said:

Thanks for the coffee tip. Fancy coffees is one fo the big reasons we will be purchasing  the Quench Beverage Package. 

Interesting how HAL has made a subtle change since first introducing the Quench package. At that time they announced that: 

• Quench Beverage Package features unlimited nonalcoholic beverages that include any juices, bottled water, nonalcoholic cocktails, nonalcoholic beers and specialty coffees for a price of $17.95 per person, per day.

There were no limitations indicated as to where you could get your specialty coffees.

For our cruise next month on the Nieuw Amsterdam, there is actually no mention made at all about specialty coffees, other than an indirect reference to the package including "Explorations Café Beverages".

As our regular beverage packages covered the cost of coffees everywhere on the K'dam in the past, I'm disappointed  that they've introduced this limitation for the Quench package. As the cost of serving a latte at the Dutch Café is surely no more than serving one at the Exploration's Café, I fail to see the logic.

6 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Interesting how HAL has made a subtle change since first introducing the Quench package. At that time they announced that: 

• Quench Beverage Package features unlimited nonalcoholic beverages that include any juices, bottled water, nonalcoholic cocktails, nonalcoholic beers and specialty coffees for a price of $17.95 per person, per day.

We had it last Easter and were charged for non alcoholic beer, i actually brought up that list ans showed the beverage manager., ( i had printed it) he told me that was a third party website not on Hal’s site and of course i didnt have internet to pull it up that it was on hal’s blog site 

12 minutes ago, Jareds_mommytoo said:

We had it last Easter and were charged for non alcoholic beer, i actually brought up that list ans showed the beverage manager., ( i had printed it) he told me that was a third party website not on Hal’s site and of course i didnt have internet to pull it up that it was on hal’s blog site 

The current description of the Quench package makes no specific reference to non-alcoholic beer, but as it includes "unlimited non-alcoholic beverages", there should have been no charge. 

14 DAY QUENCH BEVERAGE PACKAGE

Enjoy unlimited mocktails, juices, bottled water (sparkling 330ml or still 500ml), Exploration’s Café Beverages and sodas. Only on the ms Koningsdam, the package includes Freestyle Coca-Cola which provides 100+ refreshing Coca-Cola flavors to choose from. A 15% service charge will be automatically applied to your purchase. The Quench Beverage Package must be purchased for the entire duration of the voyage. All guests booked in the same stateroom must also purchase the package. The package is for unlimited non-alcoholic beverages. The package excludes purchases made in the Mini Bar, Chocolate Seduction, In-Room Dining, beverages purchased on Half Moon Cay. Packages are non-transferable or refundable. No sharing is permitted. Participants may order only one drink at a time. Beverage Management reserves the right to evoke the package if misused and reserves the right to refuse service for any reason.

Since we had the Quench package, I considered asking Guest Services if the charge for a latte at the Dutch Cafe was a mistake, but the line was longish and the charge was minimal...$2.69 I think.  Next day’s latte at the Crow’s Nest Cafe was free and since our cabin was much closer to that cafe, we just continued to go there instead, especially because they also had delicious little strawberry tarts!

Thanks for the additional info.  We are just a short flight of stairs above the Dutch Cafe and have the Quench package, so I will try to get some answers when we're on board in a couple weeks.  My mom's cabin is much closer to the Crow's Nest, so we'll get a chance to enjoy both (strawberry tarts included!).

• 5 weeks later...

We are  new to HAL and considering getting the Quench package for our May cruise on the Nieuw Statendam.  This thread has answered many of my questions, but I do have a couple tea questions. I'm assuming that the Quench package would cover specialty teas in Explorations Cafe....is that right?  I was surprised to learn that we won't be able to use the package in the Grand Dutch Cafe....what a shame!  We are not coffee drinkers but drink a lot of iced tea.  On Celebrity ships we really enjoy the fresh brewed individual pitchers of iced tea that are offered in Cafe Al Bacio......do the HAL ships offer anything like that?  Is the iced tea in the Lido fresh brewed?  Or does it come from concentrate out of a dispenser?  Thanks for your help.  

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2019 at 8:31 AM, Fouremco said:

Both parties need to buy one.

I’m online now fiddling with the drink packages. When I try to click on multiple guests in the cabin, it only allows me to click on one guest. 

There are 4 guests in our cabin. 2 adults and 2 children. Total cost for the Quench beverage package is $144 for a 7 night Caribbean cruise according to the website. Once again, it only allows me to click on one guest but not multiples. Is the $144 total for the entire cabin, or do I need to do add the package to the cart, and then go back and purchase a second package for the second adult in the cabin?  And do the children need to purchase the plan as well?

Just a tad confused. 😔

26 minutes ago, Tapi said:

I’m online now fiddling with the drink packages. When I try to click on multiple guests in the cabin, it only allows me to click on one guest. 

There are 4 guests in our cabin. 2 adults and 2 children. Total cost for the Quench beverage package is $144 for a 7 night Caribbean cruise according to the website. Once again, it only allows me to click on one guest but not multiples. Is the $144 total for the entire cabin, or do I need to do add the package to the cart, and then go back and purchase a second package for the second adult in the cabin?  And do the children need to purchase the plan as well?

Just a tad confused. 😔

On the question of pricing, it's $144 each. That's $17.95 per person per day, plus 15% gratuity added at time of purchase.

As to making the purchase, HAL's general policy for beverage packages is that if you buy one, everyone in the cabin has to buy one. Consequently, you click on one guest and everyone else in the cabin should get one, as I understand it. That said, and knowing the vagaries of the HAL website, I'd go ahead and order, just clicking on your name, and see what happens. You'll get confirmation of the total amount you are charged and you will be able to quickly determine if you need to go back and make multiple purchases.

Presumably, if you were to order an alcoholic package for the adults, the kiddies would not be automatically included. Also, if you ordered the Quench package and one of your children was still an infant and unable to use it, I've no idea what would happen.

If you want more exact information, you might want to try Ship Services at (800) 541–1576.

I'm also wondering if the Quench package covers 'specialty' teas. I suspect it does, but they're not mentioned in the package description.

I also think it's possible the package is supposed to be accepted in the Grand Dutch Cafe. It's not listed an an exclusion, it's also just not mentioned, and I think that may be because that cafe is only on the two newest ships so they just didn't bother to include it in the generic description. That's what I'm hoping at least!

From HAL's website:

Enjoy unlimited mocktails, juices, bottled water (sparkling 330ml or still 500ml), Exploration’s Café Beverages and sodas. Only on the ms Koningsdam, the package includes Freestyle Coca-Cola which provides 100+ refreshing Coca-Cola flavors to choose from. A 15% service charge will be automatically applied to your purchase. The Quench Beverage Package must be purchased for the entire duration of the voyage. All guests booked in the same stateroom must also purchase the package. The package is for unlimited non-alcoholic beverages. The package excludes purchases made in the Mini Bar, Chocolate Seduction, In-Room Dining, beverages purchased on Half Moon Cay. Packages are non-transferable or refundable. No sharing is permitted. Participants may order only one drink at a time. Beverage Management reserves the right to evoke the package if misused and reserves the right to refuse service for any reason.

Edited by SeaCBear

3 hours ago, Fouremco said:

On the question of pricing, it's $144 each. That's $17.95 per person per day, plus 15% gratuity added at time of purchase.

As to making the purchase, HAL's general policy for beverage packages is that if you buy one, everyone in the cabin has to buy one. Consequently, you click on one guest and everyone else in the cabin should get one, as I understand it. That said, and knowing the vagaries of the HAL website, I'd go ahead and order, just clicking on your name, and see what happens. You'll get confirmation of the total amount you are charged and you will be able to quickly determine if you need to go back and make multiple purchases.

Presumably, if you were to order an alcoholic package for the adults, the kiddies would not be automatically included. Also, if you ordered the Quench package and one of your children was still an infant and unable to use it, I've no idea what would happen.

If you want more exact information, you might want to try Ship Services at (800) 541–1576.

Thanks for taking the time to reply! 😀 I just called them and they said that guests under the age of 21 don’t need to purchase the packages. Only the adults in the cabin. That applies for non-alcoholic packages as well. 

1 hour ago, Tapi said:

Thanks for taking the time to reply! 😀 I just called them and they said that guests under the age of 21 don’t need to purchase the packages. Only the adults in the cabin. That applies for non-alcoholic packages as well. 

Good to hear! 👍👍👍

I did a quick search and didn't find the answer.  Sorry if this is a stupid question, but: are canned sodas included in the Quench package?  It does say ALL non-alcoholic drinks...

BTW: "non" alcoholic beer does contain SOME alcohol (legally less than .5% ABV in the US).  So HAL could say it's TECHNICALLY not non-alcoholic.  Kinda chintzy, though.  

20 minutes ago, 1964IceCreamLady said:

I did a quick search and didn't find the answer.  Sorry if this is a stupid question, but: are canned sodas included in the Quench package?  It does say ALL non-alcoholic drinks...

When asking for Sprite Zero at a bar, it was a fountain drink. When asking in Lido, Pinnacle, or Canaletto it was an opened can of soda with a glass of ice. Never had a unopened can delivered although someone reported being able to get one each night. forget what ship.

Edited by Cruise Suzy