Cruise Critic Community
Graciesmom2

Juneau Airport Transport

We have a car rental reserved in Juneau so we can do some exploring on our own. The car rental is at the airport. Are there taxis, UBer, etc that we can pick up at the pier ? We will be on Celebrity Solstice the first week of June this year. Thanks in advance for the info.m

Uber is spotty at best here. You can take a taxi to the airport for about $25. Why not look into the rental agencies near the Norwegian dock on Mill St or the new Jeep rental place right by the Tramway? I live here sonhavent looked into their prices to know if they are more expensive than airport rentals. Or call the airport car rental agency and ask about a shuttle. The airport is over 10 miles from the pier. I can see this costing you some valuable time, depending on your hours in port. There is also the Capital Transit city bus system. 

4 hours ago, Graciesmom2 said:

We have a car rental reserved in Juneau so we can do some exploring on our own. The car rental is at the airport. Are there taxis, UBer, etc that we can pick up at the pier ? We will be on Celebrity Solstice the first week of June this year. Thanks in advance for the info.m

As mentioned above,   you will be adding at least $50 to your rental cost with an airport car rental.   There are 2 vendors,  at the AJ dock   with is downtown.    It is 1++  mile from the tram.    Other option-  IF you happen to have all day,   what is your port time??     There is an express airport public bus.  It does not run frequently and takes more time compared to a taxi.  

Posted (edited)

Thank you Budget Queen and AKfamily for the responses. I will look into renting a car closer to the pier per your suggestions. 

Edited by Graciesmom2
Misspellings

6 hours ago, Graciesmom2 said:

Thank you Budget Queen and AKfamily for the responses. I will look into renting a car closer to the pier per your suggestions. 

The vendors are Avis and Juneau Car rental.    Do you know what dock you are at?   I think  you have an afternoon  arrival,   so,  you really need to be efficient in picking up the car,  in my opinion.   If not at the AJ dock,  then I'd suggest you have a cab waiting for you,  with you calling  when on the ship.    You can walk back the 1++  mile after turning it back in?