Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
skidroe

Minibar- refrigerator set up in Vista suite

Recommended Posts

Is the minibar-refrigerator setup complimentary when you book a vista suite ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if you have a beverage package the mini bar is not free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We always request that it be emptied so we can use it for our own stuff. 

 

Just call Ships Services before your cruise and request it to be emptied. If it has not been done on embarkation, just mention it to your room steward when they come and introduce themselves. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lesliew said:

LOL Interesting they advertise it as a 'plus' then....

 

It’s called a “no host” mini bar for a reason 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do I get the minibar replenished? I don't want most of what's in it, but if there's something I like I may want more of it. I tend to ignore the minibar, except to shuffle things around to get my own wine in. But the 4* Mariner discount makes the prices better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a mini bar person who takes care of them.  Tell them what you want and they will bring it.  I asked my steward to contact the mini bar person and send them by, but I would think calling housekeeping or maybe room service they would contact them also.

 

Does anyone know a direct way to contact the mini bar person?

 

~Nancy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

How do I get the minibar replenished?

 

12 hours ago, oakridger said:

Does anyone know a direct way to contact the mini bar person?

 

I wouldn't bet my life on it, but I think there's an extension number to call on the price list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, catl331 said:

 

 

I wouldn't bet my life on it, but I think there's an extension number to call on the price list.

 

That makes sense, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2019 at 7:44 PM, drowelf said:

We always request that it be emptied so we can use it for our own stuff. 

 

Just call Ships Services before your cruise and request it to be emptied. If it has not been done on embarkation, just mention it to your room steward when they come and introduce themselves. 

 

 

I do that in hotels too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a no host bar and as others have said we always ask to have the refrigerator items removed and we place our wine and beverages of ours in there. 

Denise😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

How do I get the minibar replenished? I don't want most of what's in it, but if there's something I like I may want more of it. I tend to ignore the minibar, except to shuffle things around to get my own wine in. But the 4* Mariner discount makes the prices better.

 

I leave a note for "the minibar guy" and tell our stateroom attendant that I'm leaving said note.  Between the two of them, they work it out and we end up with the things we prefer.  We've found "the minibar guy" to be really good about keeping us stocked up with the things we like.

 

DH and I had a hard time letting go of our lifetime habit of avoiding minibars, but with 4-star, it's a great new tool in the beverage drawer.  We love it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha ha!  Me too.  Until I obtained "stars"  I almost never touched the items. Now it makes sense to get my diet coke and Henkel Champagne Split from there!

 

~Nensy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AncientWanderer said:

 

I leave a note for "the minibar guy" and tell our stateroom attendant that I'm leaving said note.  Between the two of them, they work it out and we end up with the things we prefer.  We've found "the minibar guy" to be really good about keeping us stocked up with the things we like.

 

DH and I had a hard time letting go of our lifetime habit of avoiding minibars, but with 4-star, it's a great new tool in the beverage drawer.  We love it!

 

36 minutes ago, oakridger said:

Ha ha!  Me too.  Until I obtained "stars"  I almost never touched the items. Now it makes sense to get my diet coke and Henkel Champagne Split from there!

 

~Nensy

 

Same here. I still have to remind myself that the minibar is OK. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...