Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
louhun88

Indy ocean view with smaller windows?

Recommended Posts

Just read that some of the ocean view staterooms have a smaller window than others? Does anyone know What stateroom numbers these are and have a pic if possible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

On Indy the OV cabins for guests on decks 2 and 3 have the same size porthole.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All ocean view cabins on Voyager/Freedom/Oasis class ships have the large round windows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They don't, you can see from pics of th3 ship and from cabin reviews. Looking for a pic from the inside of one of these cabins 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, louhun88 said:

They don't, you can see from pics of th3 ship and from cabin reviews. Looking for a pic from the inside of one of these cabins 

Where do you see cabins with small portholes from the outside? And can you direct me to one of these reviews?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Where do you see cabins with small portholes from the outside? And can you direct me to one of these reviews?

 

All I can think of is they are looking at the small portholes for the crew cabins on deck 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Or they are seeing the larger round Deck 3 Main Dining Room windows and assuming they are cabins. They are much larger.

 

I highly suspect this is the answer.

 

All Oceanview have the same sized windows.

 

@louhun88 compare the deck plans for deck 3 to make sure.

Edited by Board_Shorts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

All I can think of is they are looking at the small portholes for the crew cabins on deck 1.

 

34 minutes ago, Board_Shorts said:

Or they are seeing the larger round Deck 3 Main Dining Room windows and assuming they are cabins. They are much larger.

 

I highly suspect this is the answer.

 

All Oceanview have the same sized windows.

 

@louhun88 compare the deck plans for deck 3 to make sure.

 

Combine both of these answers and you have the correct answer.

 

Again,  all oceanview passenger cabins with the possible exception of the forward facing Oceanview rooms have the same size porthole.

C8F67A43-E318-4F69-B7D6-E89DF7BB8544.png

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Where do you see cabins with small portholes from the outside? And can you direct me to one of these reviews?

Cabin review 2302 for independence of the seas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, louhun88 said:

Cabin review 2302 for independence of the seas

How about a link to the review?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just pulled up a picture that I have of Indy on my phone. Scanning along the outside of the ship on deck 2 there are a total of 3 small portholes. Whether or not they belong to passenger cabins or not I do not know. If they do and there is no designation that those cabins don't have the expected large round windows I'd be pretty upset to find myself in one of those cabins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a pic of cabin 2602 independence of the seas, same price as other cabins in the same grade. There's about 10 of them in total between deck 2 and deck 3 apparently 

ab46cd1b39152346114750ec1fad9142.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, louhun88 said:

This is a pic of cabin 2602 independence of the seas, same price as other cabins in the same grade. There's about 10 of them in total between deck 2 and deck 3 apparently 

It has to be those portholes I mentioned in my above post. No idea why they would do that since there is obviously room to put a window there. Maybe there is some sort of structural thing going on with the hull to either side of the window? Whatever the reason I would be very disappointed to walk into my cabin and find that. And... I definitely learned something new today. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It has to be those portholes I mentioned in my above post. No idea why they would do that since there is obviously room to put a window there. Maybe there is some sort of structural thing going on with the hull to either side of the window? Whatever the reason I would be very disappointed to walk into my cabin and find that. And... I definitely learned something new today. Thanks.

 

I agree about the structural thing.  I think the force of the waves hitting the forward most part of the hull can be greater, so they have to put in smaller portholes to be able to take that force.  Hopefully the Chief will weigh in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

I agree about the structural thing.  I think the force of the waves hitting the forward most part of the hull can be greater, so they have to put in smaller portholes to be able to take that force.  Hopefully the Chief will weigh in.

Actually, the portholes that I see on the side of the ship on deck 2 are not even at the forward part of the bow. The first one is below the 7th lifeboat, the next is below the 10th, and the next is below the 12th. On deck 3 there is solid hull below the area of the 7th and 10th lifeboats and a porthole below the 12th lifeboat that lines up with the porthole on deck 2. I have no way to put my picture into this post.

 

Maybe this link will bring you to a picture where you can see what I am talking about....

 

https://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+of+independence+of+the+seas&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS826US826&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=jnu13Yi2VzPlIM%3A%2Co39JlAdlzkwiwM%2C_&usg=AI4_-kT0aj6BbW1hYtBJ2fXoBwVlKi3riQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj6w7CwqtXfAhVyRN8KHUEQAYkQ9QEwCHoECAAQFA#imgrc=jnu13Yi2VzPlIM:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Actually, the portholes that I see on the side of the ship on deck 2 are not even at the forward part of the bow. The first one is below the 7th lifeboat, the next is below the 10th, and the next is below the 12th. On deck 3 there is solid hull below the area of the 7th and 10th lifeboats and a porthole below the 12th lifeboat that lines up with the porthole on deck 2. I have no way to put my picture into this post.

 

Maybe this link will bring you to a picture where you can see what I am talking about....

 

https://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+of+independence+of+the+seas&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS826US826&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=jnu13Yi2VzPlIM%3A%2Co39JlAdlzkwiwM%2C_&usg=AI4_-kT0aj6BbW1hYtBJ2fXoBwVlKi3riQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj6w7CwqtXfAhVyRN8KHUEQAYkQ9QEwCHoECAAQFA#imgrc=jnu13Yi2VzPlIM:

 

I wonder if those small portholes are those white areas, like between 2598/2600 and 2618/2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

I wonder if those small portholes are those white areas, like between 2598/2600 and 2618/2020.

I also thought of that but it would not explain the picture of cabin 2602 above posted by louhun88.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I also thought of that but it would not explain the picture of cabin 2602 above posted by louhun88.

 

You're right, missed that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There must be some reason why it such a small window, I just don't know what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...