Wonderland for Kids

Anyone take kids to Wonderland?  If so, do they have a kids menu (or can they bring in from another restaurant)?  My 9 year old is really interested for the atmosphere and the seeing the neat things they do , but although she'd more adventurous that my older one, don't think she'd like the food.  Also my 12 year old definitely wouldn't eat the food.

Also, I assume the accommodate specific diets (i.e. I eat food and seafood but do not eat meat, and DH is allergic to tree nuts).

We took my 11 yr old granddaughter to Wonderland and it was a fun experience.  She is a picky eater but she did have to try everything that was served.  It might have been a sip or small taste of some things but other things she really liked.  There were no children's menu and I do not think I would ask for other food to be brought in.  If all else failed you could take them and have them try what was served and then let them get pizza or something after if they did not eat.  Wonderland is a fun place and we enjoyed the atmosphere and experience very much.

Great to hear you took your 11 year old and she enjoyed.  Our son is super picky and wouldn't go for trying it, but if there was an alternative he may enjoy seeing the stuff and the whole experience.  Having said that, from the pictures, they would both fully enjoy that ice cream bomb dessert.

I'm guessing the whole meal is about 2hrs?

We took our 10 year old daughter.  She took a few bites of our food, but the waiter also brought her regular old spaghetti.  It wasn't an issue at all.

And yes, the desserts were amazing- no problem getting her to try those. 😉

15 hours ago, BCirlin said:

We took our 10 year old daughter.  She took a few bites of our food, but the waiter also brought her regular old spaghetti.  It wasn't an issue at all.

And yes, the desserts were amazing- no problem getting her to try those. 😉

Great to hear they did have standard kid food.  Did you ask for it or they just brought?

We took our kids, they were a bit older 14 and 16 but 16yo daughter is super picky and DW has a dairy allergy. We made early reservations and allowed enough time so that we would still be able to go to the WJ after in case we were hungry. We never needed to as we all found enough that we enjoyed.  Heading back there in just over 60 days 

We took our 4 year old son and had a blast. We did it the first night of our Anthem cruise and it was a great way to start the cruise off. I was very skeptical to even try it but I'm glad we did because it was so much fun. Our son ate off the kids menu. It was all good, great time. Food was interesting but tasty we thought.

My family and my brother's family went to Wonderland.  Our children (ages 9, 11, 16, 21) went with us.  We had one really picky eater, one foodie and two in between.  We also had an adult with Celiac.  They were very accommodating on restricted diets.  We asked that the kids at least tried each item.  Though a few of them were not wild about every dish, but no one went away hungry.  We had a great time and the presentation was very unique. We would definitely book this again. 

Thanks for the replies...good to hear that even picky eaters managed and still enjoyed the experience.  

We have BOGO so we get to select 2 restaurants. We will probably try for Chops and Jamies if the time works, but we also need to work dinner around show times.  Thus in case Wonderland time works out better, I want to know if its an option too (and seems so neat to try).

57 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

We took our 4 year old son and had a blast. We did it the first night of our Anthem cruise and it was a great way to start the cruise off. I was very skeptical to even try it but I'm glad we did because it was so much fun. Our son ate off the kids menu. It was all good, great time. Food was interesting but tasty we thought.

Did they have their own kids menu, or was the menu from the MDR?

5 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Great to hear they did have standard kid food.  Did you ask for it or they just brought?

It was over a year ago, so I'm not 100% sure, but I think we just asked for it.

You’re not going to get any “weird” food at Wonderland like insects or organs or anything crazy. 

In fact you are served pretty standard food: lobster, chicken, beef, fish, salad, etc it’s just presented in a unique way. 

Being picky shouldn’t be an issue at Wonderland. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigHouseFootball said:

You’re not going to get any “weird” food at Wonderland like insects or organs or anything crazy. 

In fact you are served pretty standard food: lobster, chicken, beef, fish, salad, etc it’s just presented in a unique way. 

Being picky shouldn’t be an issue at Wonderland. 

Lol... thanks for clarifying. Good that it's regular food just presented in unique way.

1 hour ago, sprout76 said:

I just read a blog from Dec 11, 2018 and it showed a kids menu for Wonderland. Since we’ll be on Symphony in March, I was very excited to read about it. Perhaps it is new? Either way, I’m happy they implemented one.

We'll be on in March too.  Great to hear.  Will try and search for it.

Just google  Wonderland kids menu Symphony of the Seas and you’ll find it.

They did a nice job breaking down all of the restaurants and providing menus, which was helpful. We’re determined to eat in a specialty restaurant every night 😀 Enjoy your cruise

On 1/6/2019 at 11:01 AM, LuCruise said:

Thanks for the replies...good to hear that even picky eaters managed and still enjoyed the experience.  

We have BOGO so we get to select 2 restaurants. We will probably try for Chops and Jamies if the time works, but we also need to work dinner around show times.  Thus in case Wonderland time works out better, I want to know if its an option too (and seems so neat to try).

Did they have their own kids menu, or was the menu from the MDR?

It was just the generic kids meal menu. 

Took my 9 year old while on Harmony last Oct. She was brought (and ate) all the courses we ate with exception of the main entree.  She wasn't crazy about the choices on the kids menu so our server asked what she liked and she said the spaghetti from the kids menu in the main dining room.  The server said no problem at all I can get you spaghetti from the kitchen!   We were only charged $10 for her.  She loved it and has requested we go again whenever we are on a ship that has a Wonderland. 

21 minutes ago, Tljcruiser said:

Took my 9 year old while on Harmony last Oct. She was brought (and ate) all the courses we ate with exception of the main entree.  She wasn't crazy about the choices on the kids menu so our server asked what she liked and she said the spaghetti from the kids menu in the main dining room.  The server said no problem at all I can get you spaghetti from the kitchen!   We were only charged $10 for her.  She loved it and has requested we go again whenever we are on a ship that has a Wonderland. 

Yes, we took our ten year old.  She ate everything except for the oceanic citrus and the crispy crab cones (not sure if both are still on the menu after menu change).  She LOVED the shrimp kataifi (again, not sure if still on menu).  Therefore, our amazing waiter brought her more of the shrimp so she could eat something she loved.  Even though she still ate everything else, our waiter only charged $10 for her.  She is a picky eater and we are surprised she even tried something.  Everything tasted different than what they seem, so I would recommend you have your kids try at least a few things.  They can always get something from the kids menu if they don't like it.  Overall, she loved the experience, especially the buffalo chicken eggs and the world:-), and most of the food.  On another note, they would accommodate to specific diets, the waiter will ask your table right away, but I will still recommend going to the restaurant in advance of your reservation and letting them know.  Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Allura_317

17 minutes ago, Tljcruiser said:

Very good to hear.  Sounds like they do accommodate.  And great of your 9 year old to give the other courses a try!