Best Day Pass Option - Holland House, Divi Little Beach Resort or Westin??

Vacation9

Hi!  Would appreciate any advice on the best beach day pass options in St. Maarten.  Have read great reviews about Holland House -- seems like a good, relatively inexpensive option.  However, it is first come first serve so uncertain how quickly it would fill up.  I have also read about Divi Little Beach Resort and found an option at about $40 per adult for a day pass.  However, I have also read that you do not even need a day pass to use this beach and can just rent chairs/umbrellas when you get there.  I am more than happy to pay for day passes, but don't want to pay if it is not necessary.  Westin also seemed like a good option for families.  We are two adults and three children.  Thanks for any advice! 

• 2 weeks later...

What do you get for $40 at Divi Little Bay if you buy the pass? However, if not really necessary to buy the pass, how much do they charge to rent lounges, umbrellas?

Edited by NYR Fan
update

6 hours ago, NYR Fan said:

What do you get for $40 at Divi Little Bay if you buy the pass? However, if not really necessary to buy the pass, how much do they charge to rent lounges, umbrellas?

I believe it is still $5 per chair or umbrella.  So, 2 chairs and one umbrella is $15.

28 minutes ago, WisCruiser2 said:

I contacted Divi today and was told that you DO need a pass to use the beach and/or pool. Restaurant and bar do not require a day pass...

I do not doubt you were told this by someone, but I do not accept it.  You absolutely do not need any pass to use the beach - the beach is public, as are all beaches on the island.  Access to a beach can be an issue, but it has never been known as an issue to get into Divi for a normal tourist.  When you take a taxi to Divi Little Bay, it never is any issue as far as I know. 

What Divi has tried to control from time to time is parking on their property for non-guests, but usually if you just tell the guard at the gate that you are going to eat there or use the watersports, they just let you through.  Again, if you are in a taxi, there is no parking issue.

If they say you do not need a pass to go to and access restaurants and bars, how do they control access to beach?  Does not make sense to me. 

Aqua Mania has the beach concession and they have always charged $5 per chair and per umbrella, unless things have change very recently.  Also, you can buy a "day pass" from Aqua Mania for $40 or so, and that gets you some stuff, but that has always been an option that costs more than just showing up.

I would be very interested in the detail of what you were told or what someone at Divi is saying about a "pass."  Visitors were never supposed to have access to the pools, so maybe there is some kind of pass that includes pool use. 

So, what were you told?  How much is this pass and what does it get you? 

• Like 1

Within 24 hours of sending an inquiry to Divi Resorts Guest Relations, here is the reply I received this morning:

"We do not charge a fee for day use at Divi Little Bay Beach Resort. The beach is open to public access as well as the restaurants and water sports department. The beach chairs and umbrellas are available for rent daily at the activities hut. The cost is $5.00 for each item. Only guests staying at the resort are allowed to use the pools and hot tubs. 

Parking is $10 per vehicle, per day for guests not staying at the resort.

Please be sure to “check-in” with the Front Desk upon arrival at the resort."

I suspect this clears up any questions on the subject.

• Like 1

Thank you. I had posted a message through their FB page, as the woman I talked to at the corporate Guest Relations number (the only contact info that I could find that wasn't the St. Maarten number) didn't know.

I was directed to the "Beach Day at Divi Little Bay" webpage that is by Aqua Mania Adventures. According to them, and the person I messaged with, the day pass is $40 and includes use of beach and pool, beach chairs and shared umbrella, and snorkel gear.

We'll try just going to the front desk and hope for the best (but bring enough cash if we have to buy the pass). We don't care about using the pool, and have our own snorkel gear, so just looking for chairs and shade. I'll report back!

Do not ask anyone anything at front desk.  Just walk past front desk area (if you go through that area you should be closer to where beach attendant should be), go directly to beach, find the Aqua Mania beach attendant (that can be a challenge some times), tell him how many chairs and umbrellas you want (we get two chairs AND two umbrellas for better protection from sun), pay him in cash, and enjoy.

Best snorkeling is to left as you face water - out along rocks - you can go to and past where the tiki hut snorkel place and snuba place are.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, SnorkelAway, for your tip. We enjoyed our day at Divi! Saw some fish while snorkeling along the rocks (even saw a flounder for the first time). There were a lot of people on the beach but it was very relaxed. We went to the Aquamania hut to pay for our chairs, then found the attendent. Wish we were back there now!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 10:54 AM, WisCruiser2 said:

Thanks, SnorkelAway, for your tip. We enjoyed our day at Divi! Saw some fish while snorkeling along the rocks (even saw a flounder for the first time). There were a lot of people on the beach but it was very relaxed. We went to the Aquamania hut to pay for our chairs, then found the attendent. Wish we were back there now!

Would you be able to tell me if they had restrooms and wifi available for your use? Also, was it easy to find your way to the beach from where the taxi dropped you off? How about getting a ride back to port? Do you remember the taxi fair?

A lot of questions, I know, but we're visiting in May and would appreciate the more recent information. TIA

1)Yes, we were able to use the very nice restrooms inside the main building.

2) Wifi was available, ask an attendant for password. 

3) You're dropped off right in front (or behind?) the main building, easy to get to the beach.

4) There were taxis waiting when we were ready to leave. I think the fare was about $10 total each way, including tip, but someone else might have more accurate info.

We also had lunch from the beach bar and grill, good food! Enjoy your day there!

11 minutes ago, WisCruiser2 said:

1)Yes, we were able to use the very nice restrooms inside the main building.

2) Wifi was available, ask an attendant for password. 

3) You're dropped off right in front (or behind?) the main building, easy to get to the beach.

4) There were taxis waiting when we were ready to leave. I think the fare was about $10 total each way, including tip, but someone else might have more accurate info.

We also had lunch from the beach bar and grill, good food! Enjoy your day there!

Thank you so much for the info. So from what you said, I assume the bar is right there for non-guests to freely walk up to and order drinks?

43 minutes ago, carnival03 said:

Thank you so much for the info. So from what you said, I assume the bar is right there for non-guests to freely walk up to and order drinks?

Absolutely! There's waitstaff who come around to the loungers and take orders, too.