Pullmantur Horizon Rome Excursions

Railwaylass

Hullo! My husband and I are doing our first back-to-back cruises, on the Horizon. 24th of March 2019 Athens to Malaga and then 31st March Malaga returning to Malaga. I usually organise excursions myself but I'm a bit in a quandary over Rome. We're docked from 9:00 to 19:30 and were planning on taking the train in ourselves but the timetable isn't great. If I allow for a delay getting off the ship (I'm assuming they'll let folks off for their own excursions first) the train we could definitely catch doesn't get us into the city until 11:48 and for safety we'd need to return on a train that leaves us with only about 4 1/2 hours in Rome. The tour that we want to take is 3 to 3 1/2 hours, which doesn't leave much time for anything else - I've been to Rome already but my husband hasn't and I want to show him around a bit.

This is a very long-winded way of asking if anyone out there knows if Pullmantur offer the special train excursion that I've seen elsewhere on the forums. I've been on the Pullmantur excursion site to have a look but it has so many glitches that it's doing my head in and I can't get any excursions at all to load 🙄... If they do offer this then I'll happily pay the price for an earlier start and a guarantee that we won't miss the boat, lol! (Plus, it looks to be a very cool train!) I want to get our tour booked asap as it's pretty popular so I'm hoping one of you experienced Pullmantur cruisers will know the answer...

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya, not sure if you've tried doing this, I just posted the same thing on another query and the OP has managed to find excursions needed for the cruise they are on.

If you go to the Pullmantur website, scroll down to the bottom and click on Excursions a window comes up where. you put in your cruise and departure date.  Then the excursions for that particular cruise come up, there is a package of excursions, or you can look at each individual port and the excursions offered in that port.

On 1/20/2019 at 10:12 PM, jefa said:

If you go to the Pullmantur website, scroll down to the bottom and click on Excursions a window comes up where. you put in your cruise and departure date...

Hi Jefa, and thank you! Yes, I've tried this and sometimes it will work for me and sometimes not. I've managed to find that they don't offer the special train excursion but do offer a "Rome On Your Own" coach - now I just have to find out the timings and drop-off/pick-up point before I can book our tour...I've rung them but they don't seem to know, lol!