Cruise Critic Community
tsxgray1

Segway, Sightseeing and Beach

We will be on the Koningsdam in February stopping in St. Lucia and wondering if anyone has done the Segway Sightseeing and Beach excursion - we have never been on a Segway .

I can't speak for St. Lucia, but in Sint Maarten, there are many Segway beach tours offered.  Usually the price is around $50 to $60 for a 45 minute tour and you get a quickie driving lesson.  There is a guide who travels with you to help people who have problems.   The Segways for beach use have large rubber pneumatic tires for a better ride.

A downside of these types of tours can be that by the time you get to the beach there may not be many chairs/umbrellas available.  We were at Royal Palms Beach Club in Grand Cayman, and by the time the segway tours rolled in the place was super crowded and I don't think they had enough space to even spread towels out.  Granted... totally different port, so I recommend you do your homework on what beach they'll take you to and look up reviews on whether that beach tends to be crowded or not (and look up how many ships will be in port that day).