Guarantee Room Booking Assigned When????

What is the latest you have had to wait for your room assignment on a ‘Guarantee Junior Suite or Better’ to be given? No rooms in the suite or regular balconies categories are showing available online.  Sailing is Feb 10 out of Miami. We have never sailed without things locked down at the time of booking. They assure me when I called the Guarantee shows the category type, but they cannot give a date certain for issue. 

Have you had to wait until the day you board and are they giving out on first come, first serve?  

Are they waiting on any last minute cancellations from those currently booked/paid?

When do TA’s release their unsold or cancelled room blocks back to RCCL?  I am assuming/guessing that is how it works. 

Have you ever gotten a room less than the expected Guarantee category or in a scum location?  Or can we expect Unicorns and Rainbows?

Are they holding back to wait for the JS to surface and not the ‘or better’ category?

Does all this vary by ship or is this a Corporate function that manages all ships?

Thanks for your guidance and information on your experience. 

2 hours ago, meripour said:

What is the latest you have had to wait for your room assignment on a ‘Guarantee Junior Suite or Better’ to be given? No rooms in the suite or regular balconies categories are showing available online.  Sailing is Feb 10 out of Miami. We have never sailed without things locked down at the time of booking. They assure me when I called the Guarantee shows the category type, but they cannot give a date certain for issue. 

Have you had to wait until the day you board and are they giving out on first come, first serve?  

Are they waiting on any last minute cancellations from those currently booked/paid?

When do TA’s release their unsold or cancelled room blocks back to RCCL?  I am assuming/guessing that is how it works. 

Have you ever gotten a room less than the expected Guarantee category or in a scum location?  Or can we expect Unicorns and Rainbows?

Are they holding back to wait for the JS to surface and not the ‘or better’ category?

Does all this vary by ship or is this a Corporate function that manages all ships?

Many people have received their cabin assignment at the pier, other have received it a year in advance.  No pattern

Up until the 2020/2021 itineraries were released TA’s could not hold anything above a balcony in group space.  All group space is recalled by Roysl at 120 days prior to sailing.  The vast majority of group space that is held is not specific cabins but is a number of rooms in a category.  I’ve had corporate group space still available yet the category is sold out and my clients that book into that group space end up getting upgraded.

• Like 1

I got my room assignment for my balcony guarantee (Feb 25 sailing) mid December.  Then, via the RoyalUp program, I got my Junior Suite assignment on Dec 24th. Our sailing had been sold out for about 6 weeks before i got my assignment.

Good luck!  Hope you get your assignment soon.

• Like 1

Waiting for my room assignment for the Allure 3/10 sailing. 61 days to go. When I have done the guarantee before I received one room within 48 hours after booking and the other was about 1 week after booking.

Anxiously awaiting my room assignment too. 🙂

25 minutes ago, meripour said:

Bump

how were the rooms you ended up with?  Any regrets?  

Are you asking someone who completed their cruise or in particular? Know I got couple 1/2 hr cabins assigned after booking, another month b4 sailing. Changed to better locations in same Cat on all but one. Was reassigned and went back in pool on one to get better cabin. Most doesn't matter but I know what I like and only book my cruise/cabin now day it is released...

1 hour ago, meripour said:

Bump

Once your stateroom is assigned, you can then check to see what other staterooms in your category are still available.  If you see one with a better location, you can always call RCCL to make a no-cost change.  The stateroom must be in the same category as the one assigned initially to you.

I have changed my 2 Junior suites to a cabin I thought was in a "better" location. Had I not been able to switch it still would have been a good location. Once on Anthem and once on Freedom.

Still waiting for my WS guarantee on Allure, which sails in 56 days....

Does anyone know if a computer assigns a cabin or a person??

This past December, was assigned a Jr Ste guarantee 3 days before the cruise. We ended up with a hump cabin, and loved the location. 

Guarantees are not for the ‘faint of heart’. lol. Normally, I would be anxious by that point, but didn’t matter where we ended up on that cruise. 

Good luck! 😊

Edited by barbeyg

On 1/7/2019 at 6:24 PM, meripour said:

Will you update with what type of room you end(ed) up with?  I am in a similar situation, where staterooms in our guarantee category are almost gone, and we do not have a room assignment.  I have been told they may have pulled rooms from the inventory so they can assign them to guarantees, so that may be why it appears that all rooms are booked when you search online.  

On 1/7/2019 at 5:24 PM, meripour said:

Did you get your cabin assignment yet? Are you on Allure?

6 hours ago, FrannyK said:

Our guarantees were always assigned pretty quickly.   Twice we got our room assignment within two weeks of booking.  Once within 2 days. 

You were lucky.  I booked a balcony guarantee in August 2018 and got my cabin assignment in mid December 2018 for my Feb 2019 sailing

On 1/9/2019 at 3:47 AM, meripour said:

Bump

Booked inside Gty. Got assigned inside with a few days.

But others who have booked inside Gty after me have been getting virtual balconies and even promenade views.... ☹️ 

So you win some you lose some! 

On 1/7/2019 at 7:24 PM, meripour said:

We generally book inside guarantee and usually get room assigned within a few weeks or days. 

Currently about 2 weeks out to a 12 night cruise booked back in November 2018 and no room assigned yet. I called and they said it can be right up to cruise date before assigned. Again this was inside guarantee.

This Cruise is sold out and has been for many months. I bid on upgrades and still waiting was given this option about 2 weeks ago. From what I have read the longer out the better your chances of a decent room.

Guarantees are always non- refundable, right?  We can upgrade for about $100 per person for a 4 day cruise but it's not until next August so not sure we want to chance switching from refundable.

Also, if the (mock) booking lists it as Junior Suite Guarantee, then it would only be a JS assignment, right (i.e. as opposed to getting lucky with a grand suite or something)

1 minute ago, LuCruise said:

Guarantees are always non- refundable, right?  We can upgrade for about $100 per person for a 4 day cruise but it's not until next August so not sure we want to chance switching from refundable.

Also, if the (mock) booking lists it as Junior Suite Guarantee, then it would only be a JS assignment, right (i.e. as opposed to getting lucky with a grand suite or something)

I don't believe all guarantees are non-refundable.

• Thanks 1