Guarantee Room Booking Assigned When????

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would say that is a thing of the past with the new upgrade program.  

More to the point...it is the passing away of the sweet little upgrade fairy.  RIP little freebie fairy.  😞 

But no...the website is still offering GTY cabins, though indeed getting lucky and getting a higher cat cabin on your GTY may be lost now.  Curious to know if some are still getting lucky.   

Edited by island lady

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

More to the point...it is the passing away of the sweet little upgrade fairy.  RIP little freebie fairy.  😞 

But no...the website is still offering GTY cabins, though indeed getting lucky and getting a higher cat cabin on your GTY may be lost now.  Curious to know if some are still getting lucky.   

I understand that they are still offering upgrades my reference was to booing a JS and getting assigned a GS.

All those fairies are now together again.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I understand that they are still offering upgrades my reference was to booing a JS and getting assigned a GS.

All those fairies are now together again.

Yes, agree...as I mentioned.  Being awarded the higher cat on a GTY is probably out now.

The upsell/bid fairies got together and tossed the little freebie fairy off the ship.  RCI has found a way to get $$$ as pax are falling all over each other to bid for upgrades.  No more free upgrades...that is a thing of the past.  It's all about the extra bucks.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, myolite said:

I just booked for Freedom of the Seas for January 2021 and did a suite guarantee. I was shocked it was an option considering the booking is two years out. 

We are going to book a B2B at that same time.  Did  not realize they were already doing a GTY on that already indeed! Wow...  Though probably won't book that way, due to wanting to be sure we keep same cabin.  

I booked a balcony guarantee a few weeks ago for an Indy Feb 18, 2019 sailing and still no room assigned.  Ship shows all suites and balcony rooms sold out so I'm hoping rooms were held for the guarantee bookings.  But still surprised we haven't heard anything.  When I called to inquire I was told it is all handled by computer now and they have no idea when rooms are assigned could be 72 hours after booking or 3 days before sailing.  So I guess we wait

On 1/23/2019 at 7:40 AM, island lady said:

We are going to book a B2B at that same time.  Did  not realize they were already doing a GTY on that already indeed! Wow...  Though probably won't book that way, due to wanting to be sure we keep same cabin.  

I haven't done a B2B yet. Sounds intriguing! 

We had a GTY interior on a Jewel sailing a couple weeks ago. We got a really nice forward portside balcony assigned about 24 hours before the sailing. I was a little nervous that it was so close to sailing and we hadn't gotten a room, but the balcony was a nice surprise.

21 hours ago, myolite said:

I haven't done a B2B yet. Sounds intriguing! 

It is.  Sooo nice not to have to pack up at the end of that first cruise.  And we are first on the ship, with no need of hunting for luggage on that first day of week number two! .  😉 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just curious as I am booked GTY Inside Stateroom on Majesty OTS for a Cuba sailing in June. I have not received my room assignment yet. If RCCL assigns the room prior to sailing and informs me of the room number and etc., is that subject to change up until sailing or is that a final assignment once they give it to me? I was just wondering if anyone has ever encountered a re-assignment after receiving their GTY cabin!

• Like 1

We booked a Suite guarantee for our Anthem cruise in May.  Our friends booked the same room type and got assigned their deck a few weeks ago and then at 30 days were assigned a Family Junior Suite.  We are now 27 days out and still waiting on ours.  

On 1/27/2019 at 2:52 PM, MedicMariner said:

We had a GTY interior on a Jewel sailing a couple weeks ago. We got a really nice forward portside balcony assigned about 24 hours before the sailing. I was a little nervous that it was so close to sailing and we hadn't gotten a room, but the balcony was a nice surprise.

On 1/19/2019 at 12:01 PM, island lady said:

Yes, agree...as I mentioned.  Being awarded the higher cat on a GTY is probably out now.

The upsell/bid fairies got together and tossed the little freebie fairy off the ship.  RCI has found a way to get $$$ as pax are falling all over each other to bid for upgrades.  No more free upgrades...that is a thing of the past.  It's all about the extra bucks.  

I’d have also thought the bidding might have ended the upgrades for gty bookings.  Yet, here we have a recent cruise critic member who received a very nice late gty upgrade.  So, evidently there may still be some chance a late gty assignment may result in an upgrade.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

I’d have also thought the bidding might have ended the upgrades for gty bookings.  Yet, here we have a recent cruise critic member who received a very nice late gty upgrade.  So, evidently there may still be some chance a late gty assignment may result in an upgrade.  

Yes, and to clarify, I actually DID receive a RoyalUp offer for that cruise, and did not place a bid. I was just fortunate enough to receive a a great upgrade.

2 hours ago, MedicMariner said:

Yes, and to clarify, I actually DID receive a RoyalUp offer for that cruise, and did not place a bid. I was just fortunate enough to receive a a great upgrade.

Kind and heartening of you to share your experience.  I suspect it was a very rare blessing, but still it is nice to know that such upgrades may still happen with gty bookings despite the bidding program.

I am holding an unassigned gty booking on a cruise in 3 weeks that is nearly sold out.  I’m certainly not expecting an upgrade, but I’m happy to hear even a whisper of a chance.

4 minutes ago, Super Curly said:

How do you know how booked your cruise is? We are four weeks out on Freedom of the Seas and I haven't heard anything about our gty cabin.

I'd also suggest looking at various travel agency websites.  Royal's US site shows a small number of available staterooms.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I'd also suggest looking at various travel agency websites.  Royal's US site shows a small number of available staterooms.

That's what I just saw too and yet we've been contacted twice about Royal Up. Site shows only exterior rooms left so hoping this means a likely upgrade.