Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
mkkao924

Book onboard activities - first timer question.

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

We are first time DCL cruisers, and I am wondering if someone can help to answer my questions:

 

What is DCL website time zone? Is it based on local time or?

A few days ago, the DCL website shows the message that I need to wait until 1/8 (today is 1/7) to book activities. I just checked the website, and the screen is now showing "book activity". However, whatever the option/day I choose, it always shows "0 result found". Is it because I try to do it a day early, or simply all the activities are booked?

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a frequent problem. Try clearing your cookies. If that doesn't work, switch to a different browser. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Sandy!

 

I was able to book the greet and meet and some nursery time.

 

Do you know if the production show ticket needs to be reserved, or they are first come first serve?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Production shows do not need to be reserved, and cannot be reserved.  To answer your original question, the web site operates on Eastern time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mkkao924 said:

Thanks Sandy!

 

I was able to book the greet and meet and some nursery time.

 

Do you know if the production show ticket needs to be reserved, or they are first come first serve?

 

 

 

As mokismommy  (sorry, I can't get used to your new moniker) indicated, they are first come, first serve. They usually let people in 30 minutes prior to show time, so if a seat up close is important to you, getting there a half hour prior to show time is sufficient. The theater is huge, so there is rarely a problem, finding seats. Reserving seats is a no no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, gometros said:

 

As mokismommy  (sorry, I can't get used to your new moniker) indicated, they are first come, first serve. They usually let people in 30 minutes prior to show time, so if a seat up close is important to you, getting there a half hour prior to show time is sufficient. The theater is huge, so there is rarely a problem, finding seats. Reserving seats is a no no.

Thanks, I like my old name better too!  Somehow, I can't figure out how to change it in their system.

 

If there is a mobility challenged person in your group who CAN transfer, there are seats available in the front provided you get there 30 minutes early--you'll be escorted thru "crew only" areas and they'll store the chair during the performance.  If you get there later, it will be the back only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cantgetin said:

Thanks, I like my old name better too!  Somehow, I can't figure out how to change it in their system.

 

If there is a mobility challenged person in your group who CAN transfer, there are seats available in the front provided you get there 30 minutes early--you'll be escorted thru "crew only" areas and they'll store the chair during the performance.  If you get there later, it will be the back only.

Wait, why did you, Mokismommy change your name??? I haven't been on here in a while I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When they did the changeover (a few months ago), the system kept insisting that my name and password were incorrect.  I contacted the "help" section and they gave me a link to this "cantgetin" page...and when I used it, it changed my name to that!  It was not intentional.  Bottom line was that the system wouldn't accept my old user name no matter what I tried.  New, dumb name was better than not getting on at all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Awards
      • NCL Sail-Away Giveaway Sweepstakes - Win a 7-Day Cruise on Norwegian Joy!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Community Contests
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...