“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

3 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Did you stay in Safaga only for a day instead of two?

If so, did they substitute a port?

From what Pat wrote in her blog, Insignia stuck to its overnight schedule and was in Safaga for two days.  From what I understand, only the Cairo overnight was a no-go.

Just now, h2so4 said:

From what Pat wrote in her blog, Insignia stuck to its overnight schedule and was in Safaga for two days.  From what I understand, only the Cairo overnight was a no-go.

Thank you.

That would hopefully mean that they were able to go overnight to Luxor, the Valley of Kings, etc (if they wished)

2 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Thank you.

That would hopefully mean that they were able to go overnight to Luxor, the Valley of Kings, etc (if they wished)

I know of at least one couple who posted on FB from Luxor, and I believe Pat mentioned that those who had signed up for the Cairo tour were given the option to do the overnight to Luxor instead.

It’s a shame that the recent terrorism event impacted the Cairo tours.  We spent three weeks in Egypt last fall and the country has so much to offer

Just now, h2so4 said:

I know of at least one couple who posted on FB from Luxor, and I believe Pat mentioned that those who had signed up for the Cairo tour were given the option to do the overnight to Luxor instead.

It’s a shame that the recent terrorism event impacted the Cairo tours.  We spent three weeks in Egypt last fall and the country has so much to offer

That’s good - looking forward to the pictures.

Agree that Egypt has much to offer all through the country.

12 hours ago, h2so4 said:

I don't think they were offered that...our 2 day overland was full long ago. 

Since it's been an exhausting whirlwind last 3 days (Petra then 2 days in Luxor), I'll post pictures later today.  Needless to say, it was a magnificent experience!  Glad it all went safely.

Now, hopefully, we'll have just as wonderful a time in Israel...and look forward to seeing Assaf and Talia again.

Edited by Go-Bucks!

Captain’s noon update told us we would be anchoring at the entrance to the Suez Canal at about 9:30 PM tonite.  We have to wait our turn to transit the canal, and it is expected to begin around 4 or 5:00 AM, give or take, depending on traffic...

Meantime we have a busy day at sea...

Trivia moved up to 4:00 PM, pre-dinner show “Broadway In Concert”, then dinner, with an Arabian Buffet at the Terrace, then trivia at 8:30, followed by the “Arabian Nights” costume party around the pool, and finally the Arabian Nights after-party at Horizon’s.

Then up early to see the Canal😎

3 hours ago, bob brown said:

The party continued at late happy-hour in Horizon’s....

Now just waiting for canal transit to begin😎

image.jpg

0AAC993D-4252-460E-AF3B-8C841F1E6E0B.thumb.jpeg.2e747644408d60fa1ac1f5e635b730aa.jpeg

3 hours ago, bob brown said:

The party continued at late happy-hour in Horizon’s....

Now just waiting for canal transit to begin😎

image.jpg

as we are about to enter the canal 

Hi,

I went through the Suez Canal way back in 1952 whilst traveling with my family to the US via the UK.

As an eight year old I remember standing at the ship's rail and watching grown men along the banks waiting for our ship to

pass and as it was a British ship and we were in the middle of the Suez Crisis, they would drop their trousers and turn with their back to our ship and defecate to show their disrespect. I couldn't believe that I was watching adults behave that way.

A couple questions for you repeaters -

Where does the Oceania Insignia dock in Bangkok?   We have been here before and Oceania is not offering anything we have not seen before.  Looking for something new to us.

What about Singapore?  Hong Kong?  

Sorry for all the post but we are playing to catch up before our next cruise.

Newbie questions.

We have done a lot of cruises but never this long.

Are there any tips on what we should know/do? 

Things you wish you knew before your first world cruise?

Things you packed and did not use / need?  

Things you did not pack but wish you had?

Your top 10 things you wish you had known before you sailed.

7 minutes ago, tvlbum said:

A couple questions for you repeaters -

Where does the Oceania Insignia dock in Bangkok?   We have been here before and Oceania is not offering anything we have not seen before.  Looking for something new to us.

What about Singapore?  Hong Kong?  

Bangkok--PAT Bangkok Terminal 22A (OB)

Singapore--Singapore Cruise Center (Harbour Front)

Hong Kong--Hong Kong Ocean Terminal South Berth

These were where we docked...hope that helps.

What port does the ship dock at in Vietnam?

Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 

Hue Da Nang Vietnam 

Hue Da Nang Vietnam 

Thanks for all your answera.  Your pictures show you are having a wonderful cruise.