“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

Am in Rhodes, Greece...beautiful and laid back! Got a mani/pedi and now I'm getting a foot massage...so relaxing!

While I have free fast wifi I'll try to post some pics from Petra, Luxor and Israel.  Notice the Egyptian policeman sleeping in his car...great security! We got a chuckle about that. The mummy is some pharaoh. 

20190521_114820.jpg

20190521_123603.jpg

20190521_112634.jpg

20190522_120753.jpg

20190522_133738.jpg

20190522_140705.jpg

20190522_142016.jpg

20190522_151725.jpg

20190524_083717.jpg

20190522_205837.jpg

20190526_130821.jpg

20190527_083311.jpg

20190527_101754.jpg

20190527_071151.jpg

Bob Brown,We chatted some time ago. My friend and I booked June 4  Rome-MIA a couple months ago. Isnt O wonderful?  Except for lousy cruise air? Is Claudia still social hostess? Terry Burke lecturing? How many singles onboard? See you on the ship. Kathy M. (zoncom).

15 hours ago, zoncom said:

Bob Brown,We chatted some time ago. My friend and I booked June 4  Rome-MIA a couple months ago. Isnt O wonderful?  Except for lousy cruise air? Is Claudia still social hostess? Terry Burke lecturing? How many singles onboard? See you on the ship. Kathy M. (zoncom).

I'm not Bob, but we had great air arrangements with O's air...no Claudia (we had Stephanie, now Amy, and Tricia)...I don't remember a Terry Burke but we started in LA so maybe he/she was on before that. The number of solos changes each segment...I think there are 52 on this segment. 

Edited by Go-Bucks!
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, tvlbum said:

Go Bucks, can you tell me what tour you did in Ko Samui?   The Elephants, etc. looked wonderful.  Thanks/

I don't remember anymore but it was a ship tour.  It was really, really good!!  Totally up close with the elephants for quite awhile. I think it was the only one that included bathing the elephants...maybe that will help you find the same one.

Go Bucks---Hi Lisa, It's Kathy from the Vietnam tours.  I am curious about the picture you posted with the Israeli men with the black bans and what looks like head lamps.  What are they doing?  Tell Connie that I like her new hair color.

11 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Not GoBucks but those “things” are called tefillins:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tefillin

Yes....what he said!  (Thanks, Paulchili...😊).

I have to say that going up to the Western Wall was a very moving experience...tears flowed when I touched the wall and prayed. Seeing and being a part of all the Biblical sights were the highlight of this cruise and hiring our own private guide was a great decision. BTW, it was Guided Tours Israel and our guide was a local man named Ehud...the agency is rated #1 on TripAdvisor. 

Good to hear from you, Kathy!!  Stay in touch...I really enjoyed our time together. 

6 hours ago, bob brown said:

Sharing the port with us, the MSC Opera, TUI Mein Schiff Herz, Celestyal Crystal, and Windstar...plus several ferries.

It is always very busy there.Spoils it a bit. Those poor donkeys going up and down the hill. Have also seen lots of people slip going up and down as well

12 hours ago, jaxw17 said:

It is always very busy there.Spoils it a bit. 

It was WAY too crowded, especially in Oia....although Santorini was pretty,  I much preferred Rhodes. Rhodes' prices were lower, it was more laid back, fewer people and so much easier to get from ship-to-shore-to-ship.

Edited by Go-Bucks!
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Not GoBucks but those “things” are called tefillins:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tefillin

Thank you, Paulchili.  I appreciate the explanation.  Please note that I asked the question out of curiosity and did not refer to

3 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:
3 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

I have to say that going up to the Western Wall was a very moving experience...tears flowed when I touched the wall and prayed. Seeing and being a part of all the Biblical sights were the highlight of this cruise and hiring our own private guide was a great decision. BTW, it was Guided Tours Israel and our guide was a local man named Ehud...the agency is rated #1 on TripAdvisor. 

Good to hear from you, Kathy!!  Stay in touch...I really enjoyed our time together. 

the tefillins  as "things".  

3 minutes ago, katz said:

Please note that I asked the question out of curiosity and did not refer to the tefillins  as "things".

Understood, no problem - it was my faux pas to put it that way 🙂

3 hours ago, jaxw17 said:

It is always very busy there.Spoils it a bit. Those poor donkeys going up and down the hill. Have also seen lots of people slip going up and down as well

One of the nicest things we've done on Santorini is walk the Caldera from Fira to Oia.  You get all the views and none of the people :)