“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

Greetings Oceania INSIGNIA ATW 2019 & Singapore-Dubai Segment Cruisers  —

Well, we’re now on the next leg of this journey, so it’s time for another “tickler”  —   this time it’s for our upcoming Singapore-Dubai Segment's Meet & Mingle

We'll again be using Horizons, forward section, starboard/right side.  Except it will be on the MONDAY, 29th of April, at 10AM.  This is a slight delay from normal, because we have three consecutive port days currently in front of us.  The 29th is our first Sea Day of this segment.

FYI, once again there will be Needlepoint finishing-up on the port (left) side.

As usual, we'll start by MEETING those joining us in Singapore, with self-introductions.  Then we will open it up to anyone who needs to coordinate and/or finalize shared private shore excursions for the Singapore-to-Dubai Segment.  Then there will be time to just MINGLE.

As is also usual, this is a no-host event, so please wear your name tag, so it will be easier to meet & mingle.  Also, please pass this on to others on Insignia  --  since there will be no announcement in the Currents... and not everyone is reading Cruise Critic.  Attendance is open to anyone interested.

Looking Forward to Getting Together on Monday  —  Ryan

Please all write about  your excursions etc on this segment of the cruise.  We are taking this part of the cruise on Nautica next year and the current Far East Mystique cruisers are I hope too busy enjoying the ports to post here so I hope some of you will.     What I know so far is that it will be hot!

Singapore: today we took a lovely tour to the botanical gardens, in particular the orchid section. Also visited Chinatown, the waterfront to see the skyscrapers and the huge mall at the port (got a massage and pedicure). Very hot and steamy today. 

20190425_094627.jpg

20190425_095717.jpg

20190425_100228.jpg

20190425_100619.jpg

20190425_110724.jpg

20190425_112444.jpg

20190425_111638.jpg

20190425_115720.jpg

20190425_115724.jpg

20190425_112423.jpg

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Singapore: today we took a lovely tour to the botanical gardens, in particular the orchid section. Also visited Chinatown, the waterfront to see the skyscrapers and the huge mall at the port (got a massage and pedicure). Very hot and steamy today. 

Thanks for the pics of Singapore--love it there, despite that eternal hot and steamy weather!

3 hours ago, tvmovielover said:

Please all write about  your excursions etc on this segment of the cruise.  We are taking this part of the cruise on Nautica next year and the current Far East Mystique cruisers are I hope too busy enjoying the ports to post here so I hope some of you will.     What I know so far is that it will be hot!

A similar segment was part of our 2017 RTW on Insignia ... if you are looking for ideas of things to see and do, here’s the link to the itinerary page of the blog I wrote.  You can click the name of the port to read about our day(s) there.  Yes ... it will be quite hot 🥵 

Thank you h2so4, I enjoyed your blog and will probably go back and read more about other ports.  We did a land tour of North India two months ago and one of the reasons we are taking the cruise is to see a little more of India and compare the more southern cities to Delhi and Kolkata.  You wrote about the poverty and garbage in Myanmar.  Was there less at your Indian ports?  We saw lots of garbage and free roaming animals in the cities large and small further north in India but also lots of green places and mostly happy people going about their business of all kinds. Food was good if spicy and there are many places on the sub continent that merit further visits though some must be by land.

ATW16 we took a HoHo throughout Singapore--including to Raffles to get a Singapore Sling! 

Jumped off at Gardens by the Bay before all the buses and other tourists arrived.  Great day for DIY!

On 4/25/2019 at 10:41 AM, tvmovielover said:

Thank you h2so4, I enjoyed your blog and will probably go back and read more about other ports.  We did a land tour of North India two months ago and one of the reasons we are taking the cruise is to see a little more of India and compare the more southern cities to Delhi and Kolkata.  You wrote about the poverty and garbage in Myanmar.  Was there less at your Indian ports?  We saw lots of garbage and free roaming animals in the cities large and small further north in India but also lots of green places and mostly happy people going about their business of all kinds. Food was good if spicy and there are many places on the sub continent that merit further visits though some must be by land.

I’d say that Myanmar was worse in the outskirts.  But that was two years ago.  With more ships calling on the country the infrastructure and services may have improved.

Saw the NCL  skyward--boy  did  cruise  ships come along way--by coincidence  I just found  a picture of  RCCL Nordic Prince and it looked  similar--that was our first cruise in 1990 from NYC  to Bermuda--enjoying everyones post as I am considering a  ATW cruise in a  few  years

9 hours ago, markf said:

Saw the NCL  skyward--boy  did  cruise  ships come along way--by coincidence  I just found  a picture of  RCCL Nordic Prince and it looked  similar--that was our first cruise in 1990 from NYC  to Bermuda--enjoying everyones post as I am considering a  ATW cruise in a  few  years

I actually like the “classic” lines better on the old ships,  than the  “Hyatt hotel on a barge” look of the newer ships.

The  Leisure World’s appearance is spoiled by that addition added to  her aft portion, IMHO....

• Like 1