“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

5 hours ago, tvlbum said:

What port does the ship dock at in Vietnam?

Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 

Hue Da Nang Vietnam 

Hue Da Nang Vietnam 

Thanks for all your answera.  Your pictures show you are having a wonderful cruise.

Da Nang—Tien Sa Port

Saigon—Quay M2  Nha Rong Terminal

I am sorry to be asking what is probably a dumb question but I am not familiar with Oceania.  For those of you who were leggers on this cruise, how does the tipping for the onboard staff work?  In looking at the Oceania website, it says for regular staterooms that they hit your onboard account with $16 per day per person.  Does anyone know if you can use your OBC for that or if that is just an additional charge?  Thank you for any information you can provide.

Edited by Edgewater601

13 minutes ago, Edgewater601 said:

I am sorry to be asking what is probably a dumb question but I am not familiar with Oceania.  For those of you who were leggers on this cruise, how does the tipping for the onboard staff work?  Do they just hit your onboard account for a set amount every day to go against a credit card or are you expected to come up with cash?  Unfortunately, we don't have prepaid gratuities as an amenity so I am wondering how Oceania handles it for the leggers.  Thank you for any information you can provide.

We did a segment of the ATW cruise two years ago, The normal per person daily gratuity will be charged to your on board account just as it would on any other Oceania cruise. Current gratuities are $23 per person per day in suites and above, $16 per person per day in concierge class and below.

2 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

We did a segment of the ATW cruise two years ago, The normal per person daily gratuity will be charged to your on board account just as it would on any other Oceania cruise. Current gratuities are $23 per person per day in suites and above, $16 per person per day in concierge class and below.

Thank you.  Do you know if you can use any of your OBC for that purpose or is it just an additional charge?

13 minutes ago, Edgewater601 said:

Thank you.  Do you know if you can use any of your OBC for that purpose or is it just an additional charge?

I had OBC from my travel agent that paid it, but I'm not sure if you have OBC from Oceania whether that can be used toward  gratuities. Some cruise lines don't allow that, some may.

i know you are not finished yet but i have to say I have enjoyed every photo and word written in this report. thank you all so much for taking the time out to do this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

i gather you did not get to the pyramids   I   did not get there in 2016 on our world cruise on Cunard and won;t be getting there on my next world cruise   So so disappointing   If you see Carter Siegel   please tell him I tried picking up his What's app call  but it did not work   He is my cousin and he and Lynda are on your world cruise 

thanks     
Faye and Stan Siegel

3 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Please forgive me and ignore my answer. Thanks for the correction. 

No need to apologize. Ever since I took a segment of the ATW  I've wanted to do the whole cruise, but circumstances make it unlikely that I ever will.  Keep enjoying the experience while I sit here jealously reading about it and looking at all the photos. :classic_smile: