“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

16 hours ago, cbb said:

really......magnets CAN be used on the walls for paper items?  That is all I want to hang--used them constantly on ATW16 for all the paper stuff we got; tickets, Currents, printouts, reservations....we lived and died by those magnets!!! 

Sarcasm? What I meant that unlike on other ships the magnets will not take the weight of hats, scarfs and such.

1 hour ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Thank you SO much!!  That really helps with storage planning.  Wish I could drag along a 4 drawer thing like you have in the corner, but we have to fly to LA so I'll just get some plastic drawers that can stack on top of each other for that corner.  I think we'll be very happy in the PH suite....I like them better now than before the refurbish.

The box it came in wasn't so big. Here is the link for it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XHLDGN8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04__o00_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ilsun--I'm sorry, I don't understand why you think I was being sarcastic.  Some comments on this thread have concerned the question of whether the cabin walls, after redo, will hold magnets.  

Some of the answers have indicated that magnets still work-others say they won't.  I was responding to an answer that says magnets will work for paper but nothing heavy. 

I indicated that is what I used my magnets for--Currents, shorex tickets, dinner reservations and invitations

33 minutes ago, tvlbum said:

What kind of magnets did you get that are strong enough to hold the heavier items?  Where did you buy them?

Did you notice that this cabin is "pre-refurbish" and that their calendar is for July, 2018?  Perhaps the "old" cabin ceilings and walls were more magnetic than they are now?  I'm not sure if the poster is actually on the current world cruise or was just posting some examples of magnetic hooks.

I bought some magnets and magnetic hooks for my upcoming world cruise...got them on Amazon.  They sell different ones for holding different weighted objects.  You'll see many of them on the Amazon website.

MIAMI MEET & MINGLE

Just as reminder to all onboard Insignia after we leave Miami, we decided earlier to hold a MEET & MINGLE for NYC, Miami, LA, Sydney, Tokyo, Singapore, Dubai, and Rome at 10AM on the first sea day after leaving each port  --  whenever possible.  I checked with the Insignia staff and Wednesday, Jan 16 (since the 15th is NOT a sea day) at 11AM in Horizons works for them. (They will even try to have refreshments for us.)

The reason for delaying an hour is because they will be hosting a 9:45AM reception for all ATW passengers that morning in the Insignia Lounge -- thereby conflicting with our previously planned time.  

Again, this is a no-host event, so please bring your own name tags.  And thanks to all those who participated following NYC.

Best Regards  --  Ryan

(contact me at c.ryan.henry@me.com with any questions/comments)

• Thanks 2

Looking live at the Insignia in Miami!  Looks like a nice day...with 5 other ships in port.  Hope y'all have a good time if you're touring Miami and Happy Boarding to those embarking today!!  

I was in Havana last year and wish I could be there again...it's very easy to DIY there....we wandered around and found so many interesting things to see and do, then took a 1 hr tour in a gorgeous classic car.  Have fun!!! 

Cuba cruise 2017 4622.jpg

• Like 2

Bob Brown good luck on your world trip.. I just heard that the cruise I will be taking next month, Oasis of the Seas  had a outbreak of gastrointestinal illness and 450 people got sick. They came back early and refunded all the money which was nice. They said it should be fine when I  go.

2 hours ago, ham radio operator said:

Bob Brown good luck on your world trip.. I just heard that the cruise I will be taking next month, Oasis of the Seas  had a outbreak of gastrointestinal illness and 450 people got sick. They came back early and refunded all the money which was nice. They said it should be fine when I  go.

Thanks, Steve.

I have heard the news about the Oasis...I’m pretty confident they will have taken care of the problem by the time you board.🙂

Last night, I enjoyed my first dinner at Toscana, with fellow solo travelers, Marcia, Grace, Ann, Sandy, and Jim.  The level of service, was probably the best I have experienced at sea.  The food wasn’t shabby, either😉.   Thanks to those that convinced me to try it.

For showtime, they had 4 guys do an eclectic tribute to the 4 Seasons, mixed with some popular operas, with some acapella harmonizing and other stuff. 

It sounds weird, but it worked...to a standing ovation.  They will be doing one more show before they depart.

Today I had nice day in Miami.  The fog and clouds cleared up shortly after we arrived, and it turned into a beautiful day.

I’ve been here many times.   I walked over the bridge to the mainland, then boarded the People Mover, to connect with the Route 120 bus to Miami Beach.

Then paid a nostalgic visit to the beautifully restored National Hotel, an Art Deco gem.  On my first visit here with my parents, by car in 1964, we stayed there.

I then stopped at a Walgreen’s for some additional sundries.

80BD3D83-CAF8-4564-88B8-7BAA74EB9D58.jpeg

EDC840EE-6C2F-4DEE-9E60-16BE5113F062.jpeg

F3A793F7-DCF1-4F16-A2B1-C8588B233F16.jpeg

1753F3DC-F877-43D9-A012-FB5E120D0E71.jpeg

5CA58FC5-B34E-4C69-AAC0-F28075F6E7B1.jpeg

E8A5692C-CAA7-4158-9148-DEFEE3E10991.jpeg

B70D89FD-1B17-4973-B3F3-7AA69721FCCC.jpeg

442A7CD0-6534-4E06-BDA4-0FF24CCAD452.jpeg

30BF9C12-CA14-4E10-BB8B-ED66DDC288E7.jpeg

DABF410C-9A83-4E77-B494-50B0C440FD1B.jpeg

• Like 2