“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

1 hour ago, clo said:

i  think Lisa was looking for a simple Grilled Cheese sandwich 😉

After 100+ days onboard she probably knows the Waves menu by now  LOL

I admit after a few weeks onboard I would just like some home comfort food  also

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I admit after a few weeks onboard I would just like some home comfort food  also

Oops, don't know what I did to make this appear twice.

My favorite past time is cooking so I can get really tired of 'eating out' all the time.  We don't do a lot of cruises so thoroughly enjoy airbnb-equivalents.

14 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

1 hour ago, clo said:

Perhaps this got added already and I didn't see it.  This is a sample dinner menu of the MDR.  Seems like there's something for everyone.  No?

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Documents/Menus/13391/Grand-Dining-Dinner-Menu.pdf/

That was my original point, but then someone said something that reminded me we are talking about a very long cruise and going in for a fancy dinner -- whether the food is deemed fancy or not -- can get rather wearing.  No one has to have beef wellington or lobster thermidor every night, that's for sure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mura said:

That was my original point, but then someone said something that reminded me we are talking about a very long cruise and going in for a fancy dinner -- whether the food is deemed fancy or not -- can get rather wearing.  No one has to have beef wellington or lobster thermidor every night, that's for sure.

With (almost) everything being cooked to order I'd think there will be loads of flexibility.

On 6/13/2019 at 10:00 AM, Go-Bucks! said:

Me too. Such a 1st world problem,  I know,  but I rarely find things I like and end up eating nothing but salads for days on end. Wish they'd make a meatloaf (I can teach the chef...I make a great one) and grilled cheese!

BTW, I love escargot, but they only occasionally have the ones in garlic butter and they're only in the GDR. The ones in Terrace are in a creamy sauce and I don't like them done this way.

Lisa, speak to the chef if you would like something different for dinner. When I was on the ship for the first two segments of this cruise Chef Mario often made a special meal for me. You just need to ask him the night before for the following day. He was very good and helped me often.

14 hours ago, hppytrvlr said:

Lisa, speak to the chef if you would like something different for dinner. When I was on the ship for the first two segments of this cruise Chef Mario often made a special meal for me. You just need to ask him the night before for the following day. He was very good and helped me often.

Thanks...I will. 

I know Bob would be upset with me for posting this but, there are too many of his friends onboard that want to know how he is.  This morning after breakfast he had a heart attack.  Fortunately, there was a doctor close by and the ship's doctor also responded. An ambulance took him to Sine Augustine Hospital. After going into the Cath Lab the doctors placed 2 stints.  He is much better, wanting to get out of bed and get something for his thrist, neither of which the wonderful nurses will allow.  He will be there at least a couple of days, more like a week. Betsy went with him in the ambulance. She, Judy and I just back on the ship to talk to the doctor. We are going to grab some lunch and head back. I will let you know how he's doing.  Please keep Bob in your thoughts and prayers. He might be able to rejoin the ship at some point. - Jim.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Beach said:

I know Bob would be upset with me for posting this but, there are too many of his friends onboard that want to know how he is.  This morning after breakfast he had a heart attack.  Fortunately, there was a doctor close by and the ship's doctor also responded. An ambulance took him to Sine Augustine Hospital. After going into the Cath Lab the doctors placed 2 stints.  He is much better, wanting to get out of bed and get something for his thrist, neither of which the wonderful nurses will allow.  He will be there at least a couple of days, more like a week. Betsy went with him in the ambulance. She, Judy and I just back on the ship to talk to the doctor. We are going to grab some lunch and head back. I will let you know how he's doing.  Please keep Bob in your thoughts and prayers. He might be able to rejoin the ship at some point. - Jim.

Have been following your cruise since day one and always looked forward to Bob's posts.  Wishing him a full and speedy recovery.

• Like 2

Jim..Thanks for giving us the info about Bob's medical issue.  I feel like a friend as have been following his posts around the world.  My thoughts and prayers are with him as he recovers.  Hope he can get back on board soon.

Best wishes to you all.

Francie

• Like 1