“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

1 hour ago, Jay23 said:

This is terrible news.   Please, you wonderful friends, tell him how all these strangers on CC,  are rooting for him and wishing for his full recovery.    J

+2.  Many of us could now recognize Bob and his smile if we ever ran into him on a street or on a cruise.  Wishing him a speedy recovery and thankful that he has such wonderful friends.

So very, very sorry to read this.  Thank you, Jim, for keeping us posted.  Bob’s kind spirit has endeared him to those of us who have met him onboard and those who have followed his posts since January.  He is truly blessed to have friends such as you and Betsy.  

We’re wishing the best for all three of you!  Take care and tell Bob and Betsy hello from Frances and Rafael.  We enjoyed a nice dinner in Polo with the two of them when we were onboard.

so sad       I travel a lot and have been on a world cruise on Cunard and going on another   I have purchased MEDJET in the past so I can be flown home  to the hospital of my choice if I can physically handle it     I hope he is in a good hospital 

1 hour ago, buggins0402 said:

+2.  Many of us could now recognize Bob and his smile if we ever ran into him on a street or on a cruise.  Wishing him a speedy recovery and thankful that he has such wonderful friends.

This is so true - I would recognise Bob anywhere now!

Bob, wishing you a complete recovery and a speedy return to travelling.

5 hours ago, The Beach said:

Sorry guys, bad news. Bob Brown will not be returning to the ship today.  He had a stroke this morning and he will be in ICU for 3 more days and then in a regular room 4 more days, unless something else changes. Betsy and I are leaving the ship here soon and will be staying close by to get Bob through this. We may be getting back on Insignia somewhere down the road, maybe not.  It's up in the air as we throwing everything together. I will try to keep you up to date as I know the whole ship is concerned.  Bob has made a lot of friends on Insignia.  I'm sure he will be alright physically but his spirit is a little tarnished just now. Please keep him in mind and maybe he will return towards the end of the cruise.  -Jim.

A wonderful thing you are doing..  Pray for Bob to get well soon.  

• Like 2

I have been following this thread once a week for months. I recognized Bob right away as we were on the Breakaway out of NYC several years ago and some HAL cruise before that as he pointed out to me. Wishing a speedy recovery for him and will pray for him. Wishing a safe journey to all of you and thanks for your posts. GO BUCKS!

Jo Ann W. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RJB said:

6 hours ago, RJB said:

My thoughts and prayers go out to Bob and Betsy and everyone involved. Hoping Bob makes a speedy recovery . Ellen Frankel 

15 hours ago, ToxM said:

The Beach and Betsy you are wonderful people, Bob is very lucky. Thank you for looking out for him .

Hear, hear - what a wonderful and selfless act to help Bob.

I thank you for your generosity. A world full of people like you would be a much better place.

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, The Beach said:

Sorry guys, bad news. Bob Brown will not be returning to the ship today.  He had a stroke this morning and he will be in ICU for 3 more days and then in a regular room 4 more days, unless something else changes. Betsy and I are leaving the ship here soon and will be staying close by to get Bob through this. We may be getting back on Insignia somewhere down the road, maybe not.  It's up in the air as we throwing everything together. I will try to keep you up to date as I know the whole ship is concerned.  Bob has made a lot of friends on Insignia.  I'm sure he will be alright physically but his spirit is a little tarnished just now. Please keep him in mind and maybe he will return towards the end of the cruise.  -Jim.

This is such sad news about Bob. I wish him good healing and a speedy recovery. He was having such a great adventure. I’m so sorry it was interrupted this way.

I was on the Tokyo to Singapore segment and was on a trivia team with Betsy.  This must be so difficult for her as well. Please send her my love.

You world travelers have really become a family. Your love and support for Bob and for one another is touching. You and Betsy are so kind and your presence will help Bob through this difficult time.

Please, if you can, keep us posted. There are so many of us sending all three of you our thoughts and prayers.

Michele and Joe D’Amico

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Damicom said:

You world travelers have really become a family. Your love and support for Bob and for one another is touching. 

This is SO true!!  This has been a warm, friendly and fun group each segment...both the worldies and segmenters. I've enjoyed meeting such great folks from all over the world.  What a blessing this trip has been!

• Like 1

Bob his looking and feeling a lot better. So much better he asked Betsy to marry him. He said, "Will you make me the happiest man on earth?" - yes - "Will you marry me?" - Yes - Then Bob sang "I Want to Know What Love Is" to Betsy.

20190618_162247.jpg

• Like 17