“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

16 hours ago, cruisintebo said:

Just one question about Insignia.  Looking at cabin #s 6090 and 6093 on the back of the ship.  Can you tell me if there is a good view from the aft cabins or is there a lot of medal around the edges of the balcony?

We've stayed in both ... only view is when you stand at the railing ... otherwise all metal.  The diesel fumes can be bad ... as we found out on our RTW ... depends on the wind.  Nonetheless, we love those cabins.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, h2so4 said:

We've stayed in both ... only view is when you stand at the railing ... otherwise all metal.  The diesel fumes can be bad ... as we found out on our RTW ... depends on the wind.  Nonetheless, we love those cabins.

What do u love about them?  

1 hour ago, cruisintebo said:

I'm a little clostrophobic and I checked a youtube video of the ship and from that it looks quite enclosed on those two cabins.  Any pictures available?  I know you are in Bermuda today, but if you get to it, would love to see it.  Are the side cabins/balconies  the same?

On 3/27/2019 at 1:32 AM, See_More said:

Mar.27.2019  Naha, Okinawa, Japan: Shurijo Castle Park (a world heritage site) Whether guarding massive gates or displayed in gift shops, Twin dragons are ubiquitous in Japan, the open mouth is ready to swallow new experience/treasure while the closed mouth is possessive and holds many secrets. 

Love the picture of the shoes with cats on them

Mary Louise

23 hours ago, cruisintebo said:

Location ... hearing the wake when I sit on the veranda.  And the veranda.  Aft verandas on most ships/cruise lines have larger than usual verandas.  I don't have to see the water (which is good on an R class ship where the bulkhead is metal) ... I just enjoy having a quiet space to spend time outdoors.    Also they tend to be quite protected from the wind ... and on some ships they are at least partially covered, so protected from the elements when it's spitting rain or when there is sun.

Edited by h2so4

21 hours ago, cruisintebo said:

I'm a little clostrophobic and I checked a youtube video of the ship and from that it looks quite enclosed on those two cabins.  Any pictures available?  I know you are in Bermuda today, but if you get to it, would love to see it.  Are the side cabins/balconies  the same?

We did the world cruise two years ago ... I'm in fact in Bergen, Norway on sister ship Nautica today.

Here's a link to my blog where I have two photos of the cabin and veranda -- http://2totravelrtw180.blogspot.com/2017/01/were-onboard.html.  Unless you specifically ask for them in advance, you won't have lounge chairs ... just two regular chairs and a small table, which will make the veranda feel more spacious.  I was willing to give up some of the space to have the lounge chairs as I am always on the veranda when I am not exploring a port.  The side verandas are narrow, with some kind of divider between cabins; they have railings, but that also means they get more wind and are open to the elements. 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2019 at 3:41 PM, The Beach said:

The wedding is on! The happy couple, Judy and I had lunch with the Captain and Amy today.  That was cool in itself but, Bob and Betsy finally decided to get married on the ship.  It will be July 9th, or first sea day after Bermuda.  Marsha and Amy are setting it up in Insigina Lounge and everyone is invited.  We will let you know the time when that is settled on with the ship's schudule. I told them I was putting out the word. We are all as excited as the bride and groom.

bob and betsy.jpg

Congratulations Bob so happy to see this outcome of this wonderful trip of a lifetime

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations Bob and Betsy on your wedding vow day!!  

And thank you to all that posted pictures and reports of your marvelous trip!  It has been a pleasure to travel vicariously through this thread.

AND, please DO post pics of the happy occassion!!!

Nance

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1