“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

On 7/26/2019 at 8:38 AM, Go-Bucks! said:

No, this thread, plus an email with pictures to my friends, and Facebook to my family for 6 months is all I ever plan to do! It became exhausting. I've really enjoyed the other passengers on these extentions!

Hi Lisa! I think it's you that my husband Terry and I met while having lunch in Greece ... Santorini I think. We were talking about cruises and travel and I think I gave you may card. I'm researching World Cruises and this thread popped up and this sounds a lot like you. If so, I'd love to hear from you! You can reach me at MaryGlynn@mac dot com. Hope to talk to you soon! Mary

On 7/31/2019 at 4:29 PM, SleevesEnd said:

Hi Lisa! I think it's you that my husband Terry and I met while having lunch in Greece ... Santorini I think. We were talking about cruises and travel and I think I gave you may card. I'm researching World Cruises and this thread popped up and this sounds a lot like you. If so, I'd love to hear from you! You can reach me at MaryGlynn@mac dot com. Hope to talk to you soon! Mary

Yes, Mary, it's me! I'll get in touch...I was actually mentioning to someone a few days ago about meeting you in that Santorini restaurant. I'm still onboard Insignia...have done a B2B2B2B (world cruise plus the next 3 after it!).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Yes, Mary, it's me! I'll get in touch...I was actually mentioning to someone a few days ago about meeting you in that Santorini restaurant. I'm still onboard Insignia...have done a B2B2B2B (world cruise plus the next 3 after it!).

I want to be you in another life, enjoy! Email when you can, talk to you later, Mary

On 8/2/2019 at 5:25 AM, Go-Bucks! said:

And are you doing the next cruise too?  Are you sure you are going to be able to find things once you get home?  Enjoy Lisa. Waiting patiently for the video of Bestsy’s and Jim’s wedding

10 minutes ago, chuckcarole said:

His name is Bob Brown,  Jim is his friend, we were at the wedding and I think Jim was  his best man. 

So why would you be waiting for a video of Betsy's & Jim's wedding

Would it not be Betsy & Bob's wedding?  🙄

On 8/4/2019 at 12:43 PM, no fuss travel said:

And are you doing the next cruise too?  Are you sure you are going to be able to find things once you get home?  Enjoy Lisa. Waiting patiently for the video of Bestsy’s and Jim’s wedding

No, I'm finally going home on 8/11...but this last month of extensions have been alot of fun! There are 4 other world cruisers who are also still here, but we're all leaving after this current cruise. I'm sure I'll have a period of transition when I have to do everything for myself!  Haha! The crew have really spoiled me.

Ray Carr told us that he thinks we may hold the Oceania record for the most number of consecutive days onboard!  😲

I can't post the video till I'm home...sorry!

Edited by Go-Bucks!

11 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Ray Carr told us that he thinks we may hold the Oceania record for the most number of consecutive days onboard!  😲

Wow.  I guess O cruisers don't cruise for that long.  

6 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

211 consecutive days is a long time!!

Of course it is.  But we met a lady some 20 years ago, long since departed I'm sure, who had been living on a HAL ship for at least a couple of years.  Whereas we've been ready to jump overboard (just kidding) at about day 16.  We need more life than that.

40 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

No, I'm finally going home on 8/11...but this last month of extensions have been alot of fun! There are 4 other world cruisers who are also still here, but we're all leaving after this current cruise. I'm sure I'll have a period of transition when I have to do everything for myself!  Haha! The crew have really spoiled me.

So you are getting off the Insignia in NY on Aug 11?  Any RTW cruisers left on board?  We are getting on board Aug 11 to Bermuda.  Would have been nice to meet some of you.

1 hour ago, Go-Bucks! said:

How many days is it now?  Did the others get on in LA or before?  I am glad that you had such a wonderful time. We are on Oceania again in October. Looking forward to that trip.

3 hours ago, clo said:

Of course it is.  But we met a lady some 20 years ago, long since departed I'm sure, who had been living on a HAL ship for at least a couple of years. 

We need more life than that.

Not talking about someone living on the ship...of course that would be longer. He was meaning someone who is on vacation. And I would estimate that 211 days would be considered long on most any cruiseline for vacationing passengers.

BTW, I can't imagine having more of a life than I've had...God has blessed me beyond measure, to which I am so grateful. I've learned so much from my fellow passengers and the crew that has broadened my world...my thanks to each one.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, tvlbum said:

So you are getting off the Insignia in NY on Aug 11?  Any RTW cruisers left on board?  We are getting on board Aug 11 to Bermuda.  Would have been nice to meet some of you.

Yes, calling it quits on 8/11...even though I'm still enjoying it. All 5 of us remaining RTW passengers will be leaving on this day.  Maybe we'll meet on a future cruise...I think all 5 of us have now earned the free cruise so we'll be back on O again.

On 8/2/2019 at 5:25 AM, Go-Bucks! said:

GoBucks!

I so admire you! I can do a cruise for 50 plus days I have never done as long as you and maybe my DH and I will do a world cruise but I so wonder being gone so long!

We cruise a lot and have traveled around the world, but I give you a lot of credit!!!!!!

Denise😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, no fuss travel said:

So nice to see pictures of the crew again. Thank you Lisa.  Funny, though I ran into Patrick and Audrey today when I went to the recycle centre. small world.  We all recognized each other from the cruise 

Oh my...Pat & Audrey were so fun! Glad we got to share a couple overland tours together.  Hope our paths cross again someday. I'll be on the Marina in September, 2020.

When we were on the 180 day 2016 cruise there were 2 couples that instead of flying back to Europe from Miami, stayed on for a cruise from Miami to Southampton - not sure how many days that would have totaled but would have been over 200 and close to the 211 Lisa and the others did.  Likely the 211 beat them by a few days.

Either way, a voyage like this certainly helps someone to move up the loyalty levels in a quick manner.  

19 hours ago, Waynetor said:

Either way, a voyage like this certainly helps someone to move up the loyalty levels in a quick manner.  

That's why we all did it!   Very cheap 3 extra cruise credits that got us to the free cruise...and we didn't have to fly somewhere, we were already on the ship. 😉