Piano Bar

villagenut

3rd cruise coming up in March.  Vista out of Galveston.  On our prior two cruises(both on dream), we never made it to the piano bar.  Tell me about the acts on Vista in the piano bar, what can I expect.  What happens.  Everyone says how much fun it is?  fill me in

It all depends on who the piano player is during the cruise. I have seen/listened to a lot of good ones on Carnival ships, but unfortunately there have been a few that weren’t very good.  A good indication is how crowded the piano bar is or isn’t at night. If you are ever on a cruise with Patrick Duffy, the piano bar is a must do every night in my book. 

4 hours ago, villagenut said:

3rd cruise coming up in March.  Vista out of Galveston.  On our prior two cruises(both on dream), we never made it to the piano bar.  Tell me about the acts on Vista in the piano bar, what can I expect.  What happens.  Everyone says how much fun it is?  fill me in

You will have Christine Hetfield. She is pretty good, I think.

The couple of cruises I took in Dec 2017 and Mar 2018 on Liberty had piano players that didn't appeal to me - maybe it was because the Piano Bar doesn't have an actual bar - you have to get your drinks elsewhere.  Or maybe just randomly "not in the mood".

But last month on Sunshine the piano player a young man named Gilbert, from the Philippines, and we really liked him!  So I hope to check out the Piano Bar on our future cruises to see what fun might be there.

6 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

But last month on Sunshine the piano player a young man named Gilbert, from the Philippines, and we really liked him!  So I hope to check out the Piano Bar on our future cruises to see what fun might be there.

Gilbert Arquero is good

DSCN1610.jpg

Edited by NWACruiser

10 hours ago, NWACruiser said:

Gilbert Arquero is good

DSCN1610.jpg

That's him!  I just found a FB page that lists the upcoming bookings of the piano players across the Carnival fleet.  It isn't official, but is probably as accurate as any other source.  Schedule posted goes out to early April, right now, IIRC.

2 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

That's him!  I just found a FB page that lists the upcoming bookings of the piano players across the Carnival fleet.  It isn't official, but is probably as accurate as any other source.  Schedule posted goes out to early April, right now, IIRC.

Yep. I found who will be playing at the piano bar at our upcoming cruise on the FB page, then googled him and found some videos of him playing and decided it would be fun to check him out.