march 10 spring break pride cruise

luckyinpa

is this gonna be overrun by the younger party crowd? due to scheduling this may work for use but would be 1st time on pride and it's close to home so that's nice. by luck i see we will get a refresh in feb. so thats a big plus too!

I would think that since this is a 7 day, you aren't going to get much of the college spring break crowd (party city!).  There is a probability that there will be a higher number of families on board, if this should coincide with any school spring breaks.  

Yeah, the college kids (who aren't always annoying, btw) will tend to fill up the 3- and 4-day cruises, not the 7-day.

March is full of Spring breaks across the nation - your density of families/kids will depend on how many head to Baltimore for a cruise vs flying to Florida.  Check out past cruise reviews in this forum (and elsewhere) - maybe someone posted who went last year about the same time from the same port and you can suss out what to expect.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and there is no way to avoid a cold first day or two out of Baltimore in March - you start out just too far north.  Even out of Canaveral/Jacksonville it can be brisk (or remarkably hot!).

Edited by ProgRockCruiser

11 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

but pride has the retractable roof so indoor swimming, correct?

Even with a retractable roof, I believe the pool water is from the ocean...brrrrrrrr.  I say that as someone from SFLA who shrivels at the thought of water below the temp of 80.  :classic_huh:  The temp of the water of Palm Beach County is hovering around 78.  The temps off of NC in March tend to be in the 65 to <65 range.  Yikes. 

I also agree, on the 7 day cruise.  You will more than likely see families vs. college folks.  We took a 4 day RCL cruise last spring break is there were more College folks than we saw on any prior Spring Break Cruises that are 6, 7 or 8 days cruises.  We had a great time...like a throw-back College Spring Break!!! 🙂 

Either way...enjoy your cruise!!!

Our Spring break here is the week before Easter (4/13/19 - 4/21/19) with most schools out that week or the week after Easter.  Not sure about March breaks this year but I agree that most spring breakers are on 3 & 4 day cruises. 

Cruising from the northeast (NY or Baltimore) in March is going to be dicey at best, will take a couple of days to get to warmer weather and boarding can definitely be cold.  You will also have a couple of cold days on way back to port as well, that is potentially 4 cruise days that could be cold to say the least right from the start.  I grew up in NY and some of our coldest and snowiest weather can come in March.  Also, when you get back to port, you never know if your car will be under snow and what your ride home will be like as well.  Something to think about for sure!  

We cruised out of NYC in late March a couple of years ago. Embarkation day was freezing, the first sea day was too cold to go outside, by the 2nd sea day it was warm enough to be outside but not really to swim. 

That said, we're sailing on the Pride in 10 days and looking at the cold days as fun indoor activity time. 

I'll report back how the covered pool area/water is!