airlines used by NCL?

tokidoki

as I wait for confirmation on my free flight info from NCL.,   seems like AA airlines is the only one that anyone whose posted is flying on?   Does NCL have some sort of special deal with them, cause Delta also flys out of JFK and would prefer more choices since they pick our flights?  thx

We just got the airfare info for our March 3 cruise and are flying DL.  Direct flight from LAX-MSY to boot, which is pretty nice.  Higher fare bucket so exit row selection was no additional cost, and Comfort+ was relatively inexpensive.  

• Like 1

Just now, tokidoki said:

good news,  and u had no trouble getting your own seats?

None at all - called NCL to get our flight info then jumped over to delta.com.  brough up the booking and selected our seats, easy peasy.  Full review of my experience here.  

• Like 1

We called them - we changed our flight at the beginning of booking to come in 2 days before embarkation so that we could enjoy NOLA.  I'm not sure if that helped us get info earlier or not, but my sense is it did.  

I was under the impression that you could not change the flight.  Did it cost you to do that?  We would really prefer to travel on the Saturday (with northern winters, there is no predicting the weather and I would rather pay for a hotel and be down in Miami, than stuck in an airport 1500 miles away) and I'm sure they will book us on the Sunday.  The lady I spoke with yesterday was far from helpful.  She told me that our flights would be booked 75 days in advance.  When I told her we were sailing on March 3, she said well sometimes it's booked 60 days in advance.  When I told her we are already 55 days out, she said to just wait.  uggghhh

There is a cost - search for "air deviation" for details/info but it costs $100pp.  For us it was totally worth it, but that's a choice for you to make.  We were also originally told 75 days, but we called at about 60 days and they took care of us (after some horrific hold times).  

4 hours ago, Run14 said:

None at all - called NCL to get our flight info then jumped over to delta.com.  brough up the booking and selected our seats, easy peasy.  Full review of my experience here.  

Did you have to pay for them?

6 hours ago, tokidoki said:

as I wait for confirmation on my free flight info from NCL.,   seems like AA airlines is the only one that anyone whose posted is flying on?   Does NCL have some sort of special deal with them, cause Delta also flys out of JFK and would prefer more choices since they pick our flights?  thx

There maybe some tie in with American Airlines - in that AA has a large dominate presence at the Miami (MIA) airport and

then NCL is headquartered in Miami.

Then again American Delta and United are not known for low fares like Southwest - NCL would want to have a much

higher yield with a partnership with cheap-o-air lines - like the hotel brokers - not knowing until the last minute what

airline has been contracted for the ride to the cruise port. Last minute wrangling to get the most bang for the buck !

16 hours ago, tokidoki said:

Air is usuaslly booked 30 - 45 days out. Once you get your flight information you can go to the airlines website and see what seats are available based on your ticket class. Generally the closer to the front of the plane the more likely you are to have to pay for a seat upgrade. Also aisles and windows come at a premium. It will be surprising if more than two people can find seats together.

37 minutes ago, zqvol said:

Air is usuaslly booked 30 - 45 days out. Once you get your flight information you can go to the airlines website and see what seats are available based on your ticket class. Generally the closer to the front of the plane the more likely you are to have to pay for a seat upgrade. Also aisles and windows come at a premium. It will be surprising if more than two people can find seats together.

thx, disappointing to hear only middle seats r allowed.

On 1/9/2019 at 8:28 AM, tokidoki said:

thx, disappointing to hear only middle seats r allowed.

That wasn't my experience.  We had many options to chose from, most (including seats next to each other) without an additional cost.

• Like 1

I just finished speaking with the air travel portion of NCL.  Super nice and helpful.  Customer Service originally told me I was booked, but not yet ticketed on AA so I needed to call the air sea dept in order to access my edocs.  Air-sea said I was tentatively booked for  AA one way and then Delta the other.  I asked if we could fly Delta both ways (we don't have to pay for luggage on Delta) and she said sure, no problem.  She asked if there was a time we prefer to travel, but unfortunately that flight was already booked.  We are however on non stop flights both ways and she selected our seats.  There are 4 of us flying and we're all together.  3 across in 1 row and 1 in the aisle seat across the aisle.  1 flight we have regular economy seats, but the on the return flight that she had to give us a different time than requested, she put us in comfort class.  Once I logged onto Delta, I could have switched my seats if I wanted.

My air arrangements are thru AA...not a fan.  Checked recently with 86 days to go for our April 7 sailing...seats showed assigned together which is a plus....but not holding my breath.  Also, hope it will be on-time to Fort Lauderdale...and that we get our luggage and on the ship timely...….flying from Philadelphia

1 hour ago, jjlen11 said:

My air arrangements are thru AA...not a fan.  Checked recently with 86 days to go for our April 7 sailing...seats showed assigned together which is a plus....but not holding my breath.  Also, hope it will be on-time to Fort Lauderdale...and that we get our luggage and on the ship timely...….flying from Philadelphia

AA is good (better than other alternatives) and hubs in philly (otherwise you could have ended up with some wacky connections). They won't change your seats on you.