Has anyone ever

So my family is booked on the Mariner of the seas for September 23rd. I heard on the radio today as I was going to work that this cruise is hosting a radio show package for our dates. Has anyone been on a cruise before that has been group booked by a large crowd? Does anyone know if this impacts the other guests? I don’t want typical shows or activities that would be on a normal cruise to be restricted because they have special programs going on because of this special event. If anyone could give me some insight it would be great. 

25 minutes ago, Thecat3902 said:

So my family is booked on the Mariner of the seas for September 23rd. I heard on the radio today as I was going to work that this cruise is hosting a radio show package for our dates. Has anyone been on a cruise before that has been group booked by a large crowd? Does anyone know if this impacts the other guests? I don’t want typical shows or activities that would be on a normal cruise to be restricted because they have special programs going on because of this special event. If anyone could give me some insight it would be great. 

Yes, the presence of a large group onboard can affect others.  Sometimes entire venues are taken by the large group forcing the normal events for those venues to go elsewhere.  Shows should not be affected.

I think it will depend on the group, and the size of the group.  We unknowingly booked a cruise that had a bluegrass music element to it, and it was maybe about 15%-20% of the total passengers participating. I enjoy bluegrass, so it actually was a fun benefit.  There were a lot of 'closed' events in the theater, mostly during the daytime, but the regular evening shows always took place open for all.    We enjoyed the impromptu jam sessions that popped up around the ship, many evenings around the park cafe as we went for midnight snacks.  It was also interesting watching all the bass players self disembark on the final day!

Edited by Chipmoose
added last sentence