Behind the Scene Tour- Carnival Magic

july2012

Cost of the tour varies: if it is 3 or 4 hours, it is about $95 per person.  If it is a shorter version around 2.5 hrs, then it is "only" about $60.

The cost is well worth it if you are an inquisitive type.  We did the Behind the Fun tour on Sunshine in December (about 4 hrs, $95 each IIRC), and got to see the engine control room, bridge, galley, crew dining, bar, and rest areas and other crew-related areas (but not a cabin), show stage, ships bell, "I-95" where they do all the logistics, and probably more.  In most of those areas you get to interact with the crew: head chef, captain, chief engineer, stage manager, lighting/effects director, and so on.

You get some snacks/drinks here and there, and get a swag bag with ball-cap and other accoutrements.

Again, well worth it, to us.  YMMV.

EDIT: oh yeah, and they actually did two tours of 16 people each on Sunshine.  Guess there was a good amount of demand for it, and/or crew were more available than usual.

We probably won't do it again on our next cruise (5-day Elation), but will consider it on our 7-day Bermuda cruise on Breeze.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser

I have done this  on different ships, and totally agree that it is worth it.  Very interesting you can ask all the questions you want, within reason.  like they said you get a few swag items, you also get a few pictures, one being with the Captain on the bridge.  I would do it again and probably will on my next cruise.

8 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

got to see the engine control room

Sorry the engine room is a secure area. We saw the control room which has all the electronics for the engine room, very interesting and well worth the price

On 1/10/2019 at 7:31 AM, july2012 said:

Hello all

I've checked for the behind the scene tour for my upcoming Magic cruise May 25.  I do not see it listed in the excursions?  Is this still offered? Is there a certain time I need to check for this tour?

Thanks

Are you in our roll call for that sailing? Not the one on CruiseCritic but, "other places"? 

16 hours ago, coevan said:

Sorry the engine room is a secure area. We saw the control room which has all the electronics for the engine room, very interesting and well worth the price

Not sure of your point, since that's exactly what I said.

On 1/11/2019 at 9:02 AM, ProgRockCruiser said:

got to see the engine control room,

The "engine room" runs the entire length of the ship anyway, apparently, with "compartmentalization" for specific types of equipment.