Shore Excurssions

DRedmond

Does anyone know how long (or how many months/days out from sailing) it takes NCL to post the entire list of shore excursion possibilities for each port.  I have noticed that they are trickling in but many ports still have no offerings and some ports only have 3 or 4 options listed thus far.  How many excursions are typically offered per port?  Also do they offer excursions for your first and final day?  We have all ready booked a couple of independent tours but we have a 100$ credit per port that I would like to possibly use on some ports.  Finally, for cities that are located a distance from the port (ie Brugge or Copenhagen...) does NCL offer a shuttle bus only option if you would like to tour the city independently? 

5 minutes ago, DRedmond said:

Does anyone know how long (or how many months/days out from sailing) it takes NCL to post the entire list of shore excursion possibilities for each port.  I have noticed that they are trickling in but many ports still have no offerings and some ports only have 3 or 4 options listed thus far.  How many excursions are typically offered per port?  Also do they offer excursions for your first and final day?  We have all ready booked a couple of independent tours but we have a 100$ credit per port that I would like to possibly use on some ports.  Finally, for cities that are located a distance from the port (ie Brugge or Copenhagen...) does NCL offer a shuttle bus only option if you would like to tour the city independently? 

you can get an idea of the type of shore excursions by looking up indivividual ports of call on shore excursions link

are you sure about $100 credit as most promotions list it as $50 per cabin not per person

there is usually a city tour "on your own" offered which can be useful if city further away eg Rome which drops off at city centre and picks up several hours later

however Copenhagen at least is not far from port to city centre

they certainly have HOHO buses running which we saw several people alighting from with luggage

Yes, we have 100$ credit.  We booked with some offer that gave all bookings 50$ per port credit along with some WiFi Minutes and Phone call minutes... not sure what else.  Then we were able to select 2 additional perks and we chose UBP, and an additional 50$ per port credit.  The gal from NCL stated that it would be 100 per port total due to it being through two different promotions.  I am not 100% sure which cities are walkable from ports but I know Brugee is not, wasn't sure about Copenhagen.  I don't think getting from Gydiia to Gydansk is walkable either?  Some cities (like Gydansk and Brugee) I would rather tour on my own but was hoping we could use our credit somehow to get into the town center instead of taking trains or cabs   

You say that Copenhagen port is quite far from the city centre, but that may not be the case for you. I see you are on the Spirit this Summer, so Copenhagen is just a port of call, rather than embarkation/disembarkation. Whenever I have been there as a port of call we have been at the dock near the little mermaid, which is an easy walk into the city.

As for the other ports, excursions get listed fairly randomly. Sometimes they show up over a year in advance and sometimes just a few months.