Papeete Tour/Airport Transfer

ponstad

We are looking forward to our 10 day South Pacific cruise, - thanks to all the posters who have provided such wonderful advice. We do have one question - when we disembark in Papeete, we would like to take a tour and then be dropped off at the airport in time for a late-night flight back to SFO.  Any recommendations for whom we might contact for these services?

Thanks again.

ponstad

On 1/10/2019 at 12:46 PM, ponstad said:

We are looking forward to our 10 day South Pacific cruise, - thanks to all the posters who have provided such wonderful advice. We do have one question - when we disembark in Papeete, we would like to take a tour and then be dropped off at the airport in time for a late-night flight back to SFO.  Any recommendations for whom we might contact for these services?

Thanks again.

ponstad

This is a tough one. I think your best bet is to find a tour company that will  pick you up at the port and drop you at your hotel/dayroom. Then taxi to the airport. There are several tour companies who do circle island tours or walking tours on Tripadvisor. I'd recommend getting a day room and here are a few options.

Last I heard Le Meridian was doing dayrooms but they are in process of being acquired by Sofitel and that may have changed. I just returned from Tahiti and tried the Intercontinental but they told me they were only offering them last minute, two weeks prior. Others here have been successful getting rooms there. A good alternative is an Airbnb I just used in Papeete. We paid for the nite and just used as a base during the day. It was only $58 USD with 1000XPF for pick up at port and drop airport each way. Modest but gorgeous view and pool- very nice proprietors. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/3954269

Lastly we have stayed at a very modest bed and breakfast for the day where there is also complimentary pickup dropoff. Fare Suisse- super clean, very reasonable but no pool. We stayed there pre-cruise in November.

Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

Fabrici couldn't accommodate us, but he did recommend Elis at Taina Tahiti Tours - they have a Facebook page.  She met our group of 8 at the cruise port, ferried us around Tahiti, and dropped us off at the airport.  Fortunately, our cruise line transported our luggage to the airport - if you are carrying luggage with you, she can accommodate 6 people.

Her English was excellent, and we enjoyed the tour.  Don't forget your mosquito repellent!