Back2Back Cruises??

amy2313

Hi Everyone, 

I am a long time Carnival cruiser and I am thinking about doing a back-2-back cruise for the first time next holiday season and have a few questions:

1.  are there any discounts that Carnival offers for people specifically doing 2 cruises in a row back-2-back?
  2. are you able to stay in the same cabin?
  3. do you have to pack and repack?
  4. do you have to get off the ship between sailings?  
  5. how quickly can you get back on the ship?
  6. Is there anything else we should know about doing a back-2-back? any tips?

Thanks in advance.

I will be going on my third b2b cruise in May.  You do not get any discount to my knowledge,  If you book to same cabin for both cruises than you don't have to pack everything and move it.  I call Carnival and book over the phone to make sure I am getting same cabin both cruises.  They get you to meet in an area in the morning and someone takes you off the ship and then back on ship right away.  You must still go to the muster drill even though you just did it on last cruise.  It is worth it I only do B2B cruises now.

What you "get" extra on a B2B is completely dependant on the Hotel Manager.  You may get a mimosa, or nothing.  You may have a group picture taken or not.  You may get a fruit basket, cookies or a bottle of wine or nothing at all.  There is no standard compensation.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Just curious, why do so many people here love the B2Bs? Is it the length? Does it offer something a 14 day does not? Is it something else?

There aren't a lot of 14 days.  There is something fun about staying on the ship when the first set of cruisers leave.  Sometimes the ships are doing two different itineraries.  

For us on our first B2B coming up in March, it was the flight from Vancouver to Phoenix to Tampa takings 15 hours of travelling each way for only a 5 day cruise (because it is the port I wanted to see). Most of our cruises leave Florida & we have never taken such a short cruise before. This makes all that travelling more worthwhile.

I can't wait to do a B2B but 2 weeks off in a row isn't an option.  Hate it when work gets in the way of a cruise! As my retirement gift to me in a few years I'm thinking a B2B2B2B - West coast B2B then repositioning thru the Panama canal to East coast and doing the first east coast sailing.  If I was to do it next year (don't I wish) it would be 42 days on the ship.

14 hours ago, Joebucks said:

Just curious, why do so many people here love the B2Bs? Is it the length? Does it offer something a 14 day does not? Is it something else?

For those of us who don't have a port close enough to drive to we save by not having 2 round trip airfares.  If you like your servers in the main dining room you can request them for the 2nd leg of the B2B.  On "turnaround day" you may have the whole ship to yourselves before the new guests start boarding.

The only downside, which hasn't stopped us from doing several B2Bs, is there may not be any variety in the evening shows in the main lounge and comedy club.