Three days in Bermuda, will I be bored?

coprgeorge

Looking at cruising out of New York on the NCL Encore in June 2020. I have looked at things to do in Bermuda and the available shore excursions. I do plans on scuba diving each of the mornings, but wonder if there is enough to keep us entertained the rest of the time. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Looking at cruising out of New York on the NCL Encore in June 2020. I have looked at things to do in Bermuda and the available shore excursions. I do plans on scuba diving each of the mornings, but wonder if there is enough to keep us entertained the rest of the time. Any help is greatly appreciated.

As the previous poster said don’t do cruise line excursions unless you have onboard credits. Also book your dives independently. There is a lot to do in Bermuda. What you do depends on your interests. Most don’t get bored but some “special” people will get bored anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Explore the dockyard, explore Hamilton and explore St. George.  I'm currently trying to plan my short visit there and have found many independent operators that have great options for afternoons.  I'm not sure if I can post links here.

Thank you for the info. I do not believe I am one of those "special" people so I should be ok. Any suggestions for afternoon events since I plan on diving each morning?

I don’t know your interests but in addition to St. George’s which is a walkable World Heritage Site and Hamilton which is a shopping area that is not like a Caribbean port, there are activities. Renting a boat in the Somerset area for the afternoon is a highly regarded activity. Near Hamilton is Admiralty Park where people have fun diving into the water. In the same area as the Crystal Caves there is Tom Moore’s Jungle and Blue Hole which has trails and caves. Then there are the beautiful south shore pink sand beaches. Horseshoe is the most famous. I am a fan of walking from Warwick Long Beach to Horseshoe. Even for those not fans of laying on the beach the beaches are worth seeing for their beauty. On your third day after diving exploring the Dockyard would probably be your best option before the ship leaves.

Thank all of you so much. HOSKI, any info you can provide on afternoon tour operators is appreciated. 

There is a long thread in this forum that discusses Bermuda private guides. I suggest starting at the end and scrolling back. Also there are taxis that do tours called Blue Flag taxis.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1143028-bermuda-private-guide/

Outside of the dockyard, there really isn't much in the evening (just the way it is). On Wednesdays there will be Harbor Nights in Hamilton. 
But, as the season gets closer, more schedules/events/etc will be publicized. 

Harbour Nights have not been held the full cruise season. The 2019 schedule is not out yet.

• 2 weeks later...