Weather Cruising to Nassau

CruiseDuo12

I recently moved from California to North Carolina so we moved our cruise to leave out of Charleston, SC. We leave on 1/27 from Charleston to Nassau on a 4 day cruise. From what I can gather from reading online, it doesn't seem like I will be spending much time sunbathing on the Lido deck. 

I have never been on a cruise where the weather was not hot and sunny the whole time. Who has cruise to Nassau from Charleston in January before? What should I expect for weather? I am assuming not super warm (but not cold) and overcast. Any tips other than pack a jacket?

Thanks!

Accuweather tells me to expect high 40's, low 50's in late Jan in Charleston.  https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/charleston-sc/29401/january-weather/330678

It looks like the weather in Nassau will be in the middle 70's.  Water will probably be about the same temp.  

https://www.accuweather.com/en/bs/nassau/30072/january-weather/30072

EM

The above post is pretty much what the weather SHOULD be like, but we have been in Nassau in Jan/Feb and it's only been in the 60's and quite breezy and other times when it's been  around 80.  It's fairly close to the east coat of Fla, and if a cold front moves in, then it might be a bit chilly than  "normal". As is the case with anywhere, it's hard to predict and guarantee the weather more than a few days out. (And sometimes that's not even accurate)

Edited by marco

Keep in mind that the Bahamas are only 100 miles or so off the coast of southern FL, so the weather there will be similar to FL at any time during the year. That wold not be a destination I would plan at that time of year if hot weather is the goal.  The weather indicated by EM is correct and while Nassau will be pleasant, Charleston will be somewhat cool.  Most US based winter cruise destinations are to the Caribbean for the hot weather.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Hi

You could very easily have warm sunny weather for your trip. In fact more likely than the opposite. However, if you want any certainty of it being warm, you need to go at least as far as the Caribbean. (South of Cuba)

have a great cruise

5 hours ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi

You could very easily have warm sunny weather for your trip. In fact more likely than the opposite. However, if you want any certainty of it being warm, you need to go at least as far as the Caribbean. (South of Cuba)

have a great cruise

Until late April into May, Nassau weather can be very 'iffy'  it is often like Miami's weather which also can  be cool/  cold or  glorious

Good luck, you may hit it right.  Have a great cruise.