Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

6 minutes ago, pd7277 said:

What is the scaffolding around?  The smokestack?

I'm guessing it is for painting.   They seem they are working upward.    Last pictures had plastic for the overspray on the balconies. 

I'm REALLY excited by what little we have seen.  Thank you to all who continue to post photos and video links!

Having just sailed on the Summit in December her age was  really starting to show.  I'm hopeful that they are keeping the things that we all love about the M-Class and enhancing the ships with a fresh, modernized decor!  The small loss of the library/ilounge, a slightly smaller spa facility/locker rooms, and a woefully underutilized top/forward sunning deck being converted for use by suite guests (lessening the use of other open deck areas by the suite occupants hopefully) are small items to me personally.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

7 minutes ago, cruisefam38 said:

Do you think sorting items into boxes indicates some of the materials will be recycled in some way, at least for the copper for example?

I'm sure they are for recycle.   Celebrity has always been good with their recycling programs.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for information.   The exterior pictures of Millennium seem to support their email.   

When the revolution was announced, it was explained that due to the structural differences in the hulls between Edge class ships and the Solstice and Millennium class ships, the IV windows could not be installed. 

• Like 2

Off Topic:

First view of Virgin Voyages non-suite room renderings. If there ever was a room that looked like a college dorm room, THIS would be it. Quite disappointing! Hopefully the actual product looks nicer than the renders!

https://people.com/travel/virgins-new-adults-only-cruise-line-reveals-tropical-itineraries-and-cabin-designs/

40 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Off Topic:

First view of Virgin Voyages non-suite room renderings. If there ever was a room that looked like a college dorm room, THIS would be it. Quite disappointing! Hopefully the actual product looks nicer than the renders!

https://people.com/travel/virgins-new-adults-only-cruise-line-reveals-tropical-itineraries-and-cabin-designs/

Yikes, it does remind me of a freshman college dorm room too!  That mattress isn't going to cut it, unless it's a pullout for small kids.  Bathroom is wild though!

10 minutes ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

Yikes, it does remind me of a freshman college dorm room too!  That mattress isn't going to cut it, unless it's a pullout for small kids.  Bathroom is wild though!

Did you notice how small the shower is?! 😳 And it looks like only one person at a time in the bathroom, or it could turn into a scene from “A night at the Opera” by the Marx brothers. 😁

1 minute ago, C-Dragons said:

Did you notice how small the shower is?! 😳 And it looks like only one person at a time in the bathroom, or it could turn into a scene from “A night at the Opera” by the Marx brothers. 😁

Bookings open in 2 weeks. I'm very curious at pricing, especially with gratuities and specialty restaurants as part of the fare. It's almost universally agreed that The Edge is overpriced so Virgin Voyages will be another new product that will test pricing power for a cruise product meant to attract new people to cruise vacations. 

What Virgin MAY have a leg up is that it's a totally new product from the ground up with NO Baggage or prior history. That's why I always thought Celebrity should have created a sub-brand for It's Edge Cruiseships. Then it's very obvious what it is and isn't.

Here are links to Virgin's website,

https://www.virginvoyages.com/article/cabins

https://www.virginvoyages.com/

6 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Bookings open in 2 weeks. I'm very curious at pricing, especially with gratuities and specialty restaurants as part of the fare. It's almost universally agreed that The Edge is overpriced so Virgin Voyages will be another new product that will test pricing power for a cruise product meant to attract new people to cruise vacations. 

What Virgin MAY have a leg up is that it's a totally new product from the ground up with NO Baggage or prior history. That's why I always thought Celebrity should have created a sub-brand for It's Edge Cruiseships. Then it's very obvious what it is and isn't.

Here are links to Virgin's website,

https://www.virginvoyages.com/article/cabins

https://www.virginvoyages.com/

Thanks for the link, but I'm not a fan and have no desire to book VV. 

Edited by C-Dragons

2 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

When the revolution was announced, it was explained that due to the structural differences in the hulls between Edge class ships and the Solstice and Millennium class ships, the IV windows could not be installed. 

Which is why they installed a test IV cabin on the Constellation where it apparently couldn't be installed....typical Celebrity logic.

As far as the new M-class non suite cabins, storage looks pretty tight and those double tables look as useless as the ones we've found in some hotel rooms.  A low coffee table makes sense....an almost normal height second table serves no purpose other than maybe storing clothes???? . Maybe I'll take a saw 🙂

Edited by ghstudio

Looking at the updated deck plans - what's happened to all the convertible sofa beds on Deck 7?  It appears that dozens of cabins which previously had them, no longer will.  Will they now only have a chair in the seating area?  Can't say I'm thrilled about that, having a sofa to relax on was something that swayed me towards Celebrity rather than some other cruise lines where that comfort is only available by upgrading to a mini suite.

Also, didn't those sofas make the cabin capacity 3 rather than only 2 (and sometimes 4, with an upper berth)?  If that's the case, and they're getting rid of so many, then they are making a significant reduction in capacity.   What happens to those people who have already booked a cabin for 3/4 people which now only sleeps 2/3?

I'm hoping it may be a glitch, like it still listing the library when it's been replaced by inside cabins.  Would be interested if anyone knows.

39 minutes ago, Tigrou said:

..........Also, didn't those sofas make the cabin capacity 3 rather than only 2 (and sometimes 4, with an upper berth)?  If that's the case, and they're getting rid of so many, then they are making a significant reduction in capacity.   What happens to those people who have already booked a cabin for 3/4 people which now only sleeps 2/3?........

As they are adding new cabins (Aqua and insides) I suspect they need to reduce capacity elsewhere to keep within the Max capacity which won't change