Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I especially liked the Blue and Gold -   To me it looked very regal.

I have to say when I first started cruising and Celebrity had the blue hulls, they really stood out against the other cruise lines.

15 minutes ago, ecslady said:

I have to say when I first started cruising and Celebrity had the blue hulls, they really stood out against the other cruise lines.

It's funny .... while I liked the original look, it always reminded me of the Disney ships ....

millenniumatsea.jpg.ccbe393604d298e75b8b38bf633788f1.jpg

ship_119_magic_1024x416_mobhdr.thumb.jpg.5e4769ad7ec215221a5f2ae511c54f91.jpg

1 hour ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

It's funny .... while I liked the original look, it always reminded me of the Disney ships ....

I never looked at the Disney ships.  When I started cruising, my kids just started college, so more adult vacations were on my mind.

10 hours ago, ecslady said:

Since by your own admission on other threads,  you have never cruised before, let alone sailed on the EDGE, so your opinion does not hold any weight here.  

Plus, you still have not come clean - why your obsession with Eden? Do you have a family member or friend who is part of that cast?

Let's be sure we'ed all be protective of our friends and family but I would LOVE to see people connect to new types performances!!!!!

2 hours ago, ecslady said:

I'm the same.   The first ship we ever sailed was Millennium in 2000.   Was really disappointed when they painted her hull white.  

• Like 1

The only thing I didn't like was that "GAS TURBINES" was painted in large red letters on both sides of the ship near the stern. I was surprised at how quickly the new paint job was replaced. 

The elevators that look out over the side of the ship, the MDR two story glass windows at the stern, and the ocean liner themed specialty restaurants is what made this class of ship special to me when they came out. 

What did you all think about the Emilio Robba conservatory?

BE8C3F84-D52E-4D1E-ABC3-696293DE6850.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc

3 hours ago, B-Rizzle said:

Let's be sure we'ed all be protective of our friends and family but I would LOVE to see people connect to new types performances!!!!!

I really don't get why you are being so secretive -- even if you have "friends & family" in the Eden project. (Hint: it's NOT the Witness Protection Program).

A few years ago, the dad of a very popular performer on X (Jordan Peterson) regularly posted here as 'Pete's Family'. Even when Jordan parted ways with X, those of us here on CC were always glad to get updates on how his career was going, from his folks. Just saying that playing things 'close to the vest', while admitting that you have never personally cruised -- may not be the best way to gain credibility on these boards.

• Like 4

I love the new look inside and outside. As before posted- they are going back to her original livery - the blue hull- sans the yellow parts. Loved that look! My very first X- cruise was on board the then brand new Millenium- loved every minute of it!

I came from Royal Caribbean- and never went back! Just changed to Cunard four years ago- because of X´s Modern Luxury- nonsense and all that came with it!

10 hours ago, B-Rizzle said:

No one here is suggesting that you publish social security numbers of someone on the Edge,  but if you would simply explain your affiliation with someone on the Edge it would provide a perspective to your views.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, wwcruisers said:

I really don't get why you are being so secretive -- even if you have "friends & family" in the Eden project. (Hint: it's NOT the Witness Protection Program).

A few years ago, the dad of a very popular performer on X (Jordan Peterson) regularly posted here as 'Pete's Family'. Even when Jordan parted ways with X, those of us here on CC were always glad to get updates on how his career was going, from his folks. Just saying that playing things 'close to the vest', while admitting that you have never personally cruised -- may not be the best way to gain credibility on these boards.

If they do have friends and family in the Eden Project, they sure do have a long way to travel every morning 🤣.

https://www.edenproject.com/visit

Excited to see the beautiful paint job

I really like the classic ocean liner look of the dark hull. 

I am enjoying the new color palette inside and yet hope they keep some of the classic/clubby/masculine feel of chairs you want to sit in holding your drink/chatting....

not something that feels "tippy" or like a perch

Fresh and classic can be elegantly combined.

and...

from what I have read on the boards there is an effort re menus so that can be exciting as well

Fingers crossed and happy sailing

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I believe the chandelier picture to be the new one in the Metropolitan.   

The new deck plans are now "officially" on the Celebrity Web Site.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-millennium

Of course, the site says "Our handsome two-story library features books in many languages."  even though there are now inside cabins where the library used to be!

26 minutes ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

Of course, the site says "Our handsome two-story library features books in many languages."  even though there are now inside cabins where the library used to be!

Interesting to see -  Doesn't look like they have updated the specs yet.   Says they have the same number of passengers even though they added extra cabins.  

Also noted that on deck 6 where they installed the 3 inside cabins there is no color code for the Inside 9 cabins.  

Well it's a start.   I also found that it didn't work when using Microsoft Edge -  I had to use Firefox to be able to use.   Otherwise when I clicked the date for the new deck plans

it just showed an empty screen. 

Thanks for posting. 

19 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Interesting to see -  Doesn't look like they have updated the specs yet.   Says they have the same number of passengers even though they added extra cabins.  

Also noted that on deck 6 where they installed the 3 inside cabins there is no color code for the Inside 9 cabins.  

Well it's a start.   I also found that it didn't work when using Microsoft Edge -  I had to use Firefox to be able to use.   Otherwise when I clicked the date for the new deck plans

it just showed an empty screen. 

Thanks for posting. 

Hey - I should be thanking you for finding the "good stuff" - mine's only from the website!

ps 100% correct on the chandelier!

18 hours ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

The library is still pictured on the deck plans. Is it completely gone?