Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, sippican said:

"Most of us think it's dull and boring"? Now that's as presumptious as post #280 touting their "professional and educated" qualifications! 

The whole debate is entertaining.

If we're going to get into more accuracy with the word "Most", we're going to need a larger sample size then 1.  Even setting up a poll on CC likely wouldn't be accurate enough.  There could also be variations of people who think that it is dull yet pleasing, or exciting yet repetitive.  

The point is, you never want to use a solo artist or critic determine majority.  What's trending in San Fransisco might be different from what's trending in New Orleans, Buenos Areas, or Shanghai, let alone rural farming communities.

BTW, are there hotels in San Fransisco with this exact same color pallet?  I've looked, but had a hard time locating one, even from Kelly Hoppen's hotel projects.

1 hour ago, CardRock said:

I have a question...How are they able to sell these new cabins on fast approaching departures if there are not any firm deck plans showing these new cabins? 

They managed it with Edge. Look how many cabins on her have suddenly changed into obstructed views.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

If we're going to get into more accuracy with the word "Most", we're going to need a larger sample size then 1.  Even setting up a poll on CC likely wouldn't be accurate enough.  There could also be variations of people who think that it is dull yet pleasing, or exciting yet repetitive.  

The point is, you never want to use a solo artist or critic determine majority.  What's trending in San Fransisco might be different from what's trending in New Orleans, Buenos Areas, or Shanghai, let alone rural farming communities.

BTW, are there hotels in San Fransisco with this exact same color pallet?  I've looked, but had a hard time locating one, even from Kelly Hoppen's hotel projects.

As Mrs. Slocombe used to say, "I am unanimous in that!"  [Are You Being Served? meme]

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villauk said:

Didn’t realise you got that in the States.

LOL --  the world is shrinking.   We also get some classics like One Foot in the Grave, As Time Goes By and Keeping up Appearances.   My spouse is British so I end up watching lots of British shows.   Most are available on PBS - Public Broadcast Station. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tromvest said:

We are concerned about will happen to our triple capacity C1 stateroom on the Constellation.  We, my husband and son and I, are sailing on the Constellation in 2020 after the revolution and currently are in the C1 aft triple .  The Millennium deckplan shows that no C1 cabins will accommodate 3 passengers.  I called Celebrity to ask if I can assume that the Constellation will follow the same new cabin layout as Millennium and they have no idea.  I seemed to know more than they did. LOL  Any thoughts or info???

We were also booked in a C1 aft cabin for a Millenium cruise in March 2020.  (My DW, DD and I). We were notified in December, I believe, that our C1 cabin could no longer accommodate 3 people. ... Through our TA, we were offered a choice of 3 options and a short period of time to choose. So, although disappointed to lose our cabin, we were moved to a guaranteed C1 cabin. 

Concerned a bit but we hope for the best! 

Good luck to you too! 

21 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

LOL --  the world is shrinking.   We also get some classics like One Foot in the Grave, As Time Goes By and Keeping up Appearances.   My spouse is British so I end up watching lots of British shows.   Most are available on PBS - Public Broadcast Station. 

Only Fools and Horses, Open All Hours and Porridge by any chance 🤣?

Edited by villauk

17 minutes ago, cachouonacruise said:

We were also booked in a C1 aft cabin for a Millenium cruise in March 2020.  (My DW, DD and I). We were notified in December, I believe, that our C1 cabin could no longer accommodate 3 people. ... Through our TA, we were offered a choice of 3 options and a short period of time to choose. So, although disappointed to lose our cabin, we were moved to a guaranteed C1 cabin. 

Concerned a bit but we hope for the best! 

Good luck to you too! 

Very interesting! Do you mind me asking what were the three options you were offered? At least you were notified well in advance.  I hope it turns out really well for you guys. 

Thanks!

Julie 

3 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

51077021_365393244287617_5070757381726535680_o.jpg

Above picture show the new external(?) elevator to the forward part of Deck 12.  The structure is to the left of and partially behind the top left third of the red scaffold tower in the middle of the picture.  Looks like access from deck 12 is on the outside by the starboard oval tower. flanking the forward pax stairwell/elevator bank

35 minutes ago, tromvest said:

Very interesting! Do you mind me asking what were the three options you were offered? At least you were notified well in advance.  I hope it turns out really well for you guys. 

Thanks!

Julie 

Hi Julie,

As requested, below are the options we were offered and our analysis in case it can help you.

One of the options consisted in moving our DD in an inside room across the hallway;  however, she would have had to pay extra for being single in a double occupancy room. (This option did not seem fair to us).

Another option consisted in the possibility of being moved to a family veranda (FV). I was very tempted by this option. Typically, these rooms need more than three people and they are roomy and well located. At the time, it was not guaranteed that X would place us in that room, it was just a possibility, and it also involved losing all privileges associated with a CC cabin. Losing our CC points for that cruise, equalled also delaying our upgrade to the next status to a future cruise. (This cruise, as booked, would place us in the Select status. Still a way to Elite, but...). So, the risk and the loss of perks without financial compensation influenced our decision not to take this option; although the cabin and location would have been nice.

The last option: guaranteed C1. Most C1 cabin at the time were “aft” cabins. It was unclear how many or if any would be able to host 3 people. We were also told that AQ did not have any cabins for 3. A guaranteed C1, therefore, according to our TA, would possibly mean an aft cabin as we wished or an upgrade past AQ.  (We would be very happy we either option). 

Taking into account, the main reasons for booking a C1 cabin were a larger balcony and the possibility to be mesmerized by the ship’s wake. My DD liked the possibility for an upgrade and we chose the guaranteed C1. 

Looking at the new Millenium deck plan, I found 2 C1 cabins at the rear of the ship without being aft. I am now concerned that one of them could become ours and I would be quite disappointed not to have a direct view of the ship’s wake. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

For us, it’s the second time being affected by a change made by X for our Asian cruise. The first time, when our 14 night cruise of March 28 was reduced to 13 nights and now, the change of cabin. ... Ok. I know, minor issues in a person’s life...

I still look forward to this unique experience.

I hope this information will help you. Enjoy your cruise! 

1 hour ago, villauk said:

Only Fools and Horses, Open All Hours and Porridge by any chance 🤣?

We use to have Only Fools and Horses but haven't seen in on air in quite a long time.    I have not seen Open Al Hours and Porridge.  

Iain use to put on Rab C Nesbitt -  I couldn't understand a word he was saying .   

Edited by Jim_Iain

34 minutes ago, cachouonacruise said:

Hi Julie,

As requested, below are the options we were offered and our analysis in case it can help you.

One of the options consisted in moving our DD in an inside room across the hallway;  however, she would have had to pay extra for being single in a double occupancy room. (This option did not seem fair to us).

Another option consisted in the possibility of being moved to a family veranda (FV). I was very tempted by this option. Typically, these rooms need more than three people and they are roomy and well located. At the time, it was not guaranteed that X would place us in that room, it was just a possibility, and it also involved losing all privileges associated with a CC cabin. Losing our CC points for that cruise, equalled also delaying our upgrade to the next status to a future cruise. (This cruise, as booked, would place us in the Select status. Still a way to Elite, but...). So, the risk and the loss of perks without financial compensation influenced our decision not to take this option; although the cabin and location would have been nice.

The last option: guaranteed C1. Most C1 cabin at the time were “aft” cabins. It was unclear how many or if any would be able to host 3 people. We were also told that AQ did not have any cabins for 3. A guaranteed C1, therefore, according to our TA, would possibly mean an aft cabin as we wished or an upgrade past AQ.  (We would be very happy we either option). 

Taking into account, the main reasons for booking a C1 cabin were a larger balcony and the possibility to be mesmerized by the ship’s wake. My DD liked the possibility for an upgrade and we chose the guaranteed C1. 

Looking at the new Millenium deck plan, I found 2 C1 cabins at the rear of the ship without being aft. I am now concerned that one of them could become ours and I would be quite disappointed not to have a direct view of the ship’s wake. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

For us, it’s the second time being affected by a change made by X for our Asian cruise. The first time, when our 14 night cruise of March 28 was reduced to 13 nights and now, the change of cabin. ... Ok. I know, minor issues in a person’s life...

I do not see any C1's near the aft.  I only see C1's on the aft.  Where are you finding these deck plans?  PS- I did look at the post revolution deck plans.

I have read elsewhere where X is changing the cabin Capacity. The  M class afts are wonderful.  

31 minutes ago, cachouonacruise said:

Hi Julie,

Thank so very much for your very detailed explanation. This is all very helpful for us and what we may expect for our May 2020 cruise on the Constellation.  If i was offered the same option, I would have chosen the C1 guarantee as well. Like you, we chose the C1 for the large balcony with aft views and the extra CC points.  The option to pay more for two rooms with one being across the hall doesn't sound like a fair option at all.  The FV cabins are really nice (we've stayed in these years ago with our two sons) and loved the extra room with separate sitting area and the huge balcony.  I wonder if you were to ask them if you could have one of the FV cabins and still earn your 5 points per day as if you were in a Concierge class room.  The answer will probably be no but it can't hurt to ask. Celebrity is displacing you and your family from what you originally booked and they should be bending over backwards to make you happy.

I looked at all the C1's and I don't see the ones you mentioned and are concerned you may be moved to that are toward the aft but not actually aft. I see the four C1's on deck 6 and two of those (6135, 6136) are adjoining to suite cabins but I don't see that any of those on the side on deck six will accommodate three.  You may have a more updated deck plan than what I see??

And of course,  what hopefully happens is that your C1 guarantee turns into a suite which would be the best of all!!

Thank you again for all of your help and enjoy your cruise.  Julie

5 hours ago, CardRock said:

I have a question...How are they able to sell these new cabins on fast approaching departures if there are not any firm deck plans showing these new cabins? 

DH and I were discussing this... the added AQ and Interior are "guaranteed"

Just our guess

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Us too

Most of our TV is BBC/PBS and has been for years

May years ago (20+) we were fans of a french reality show that took place in a fort along the Med... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tromvest said:

Thank so very much for your very detailed explanation. This is all very helpful for us and what we may expect for our May 2020 cruise on the Constellation.  If i was offered the same option, I would have chosen the C1 guarantee as well. Like you, we chose the C1 for the large balcony with aft views and the extra CC points.  The option to pay more for two rooms with one being across the hall doesn't sound like a fair option at all.  The FV cabins are really nice (we've stayed in these years ago with our two sons) and loved the extra room with separate sitting area and the huge balcony.  I wonder if you were to ask them if you could have one of the FV cabins and still earn your 5 points per day as if you were in a Concierge class room.  The answer will probably be no but it can't hurt to ask. Celebrity is displacing you and your family from what you originally booked and they should be bending over backwards to make you happy.

I looked at all the C1's and I don't see the ones you mentioned and are concerned you may be moved to that are toward the aft but not actually aft. I see the four C1's on deck 6 and two of those (6135, 6136) are adjoining to suite cabins but I don't see that any of those on the side on deck six will accommodate three.  You may have a more updated deck plan than what I see??

And of course,  what hopefully happens is that your C1 guarantee turns into a suite which would be the best of all!!

Thank you again for all of your help and enjoy your cruise.  Julie

On the revised deck plan provided on the Millenium Revolution Tread, I saw C1 cabins 6343 and 6344 which appears to be depicted with having a convertible sofa bed and are not aft cabins . This said, my old cabin 9201 has the same depiction and we were expulsed from it, since it cannot host 3. So, I am nor sure anymore. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.