Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

4 hours ago, richsea said:

I couldn’t tell much from the video; too much of a marketing hype. My main concern is how much more space is going to be off limits to those who do not book suites. I sense a trend back to the class system of the Titanic era.

It's the only revolution where the rich rise up and take away from the poor.  In this case, aqua class passengers are getting the shaft.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are on the Millie 16 Feb out of HK to Singapore so one week after out of dry dock. Unfortunately we've only sailed S Class until now so I might not be able to identify a lot of the changes and we are sailing balcony not suite. I will try a live blog, inspired by Jim_Iain and the like, it'll prob be very boring but if anyone has questions I'll try to find the answers!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

So far it seems like only the suite guests are gaining, we're getting squeezed into tighter space with more cabins.  Maybe we'll get a price break to reflect this.. 

I agree 100%.  The critical is issue is the open deck space being taken away from the majority of the passengers.  You can add or subtract space on the inside and no one will really notice if there is a suite lounge or dining room because there is so much interior space available on a ship.  But the there is only 1 deck of open space and the addition of reserved open deck area will negatively impact the vast majority of the passengers.  It seems like a big loss for most of us non-suite passengers.  Sure new furniture and carpets will be nice but I really don't see the WOW factor in the Revolution for all of the non-suite passengers.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, richsea said:

I couldn’t tell much from the video; too much of a marketing hype. My main concern is how much more space is going to be off limits to those who do not book suites. I sense a trend back to the class system of the Titanic era.

My thoughts exactly.

16 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

So far it seems like only the suite guests are gaining, we're getting squeezed into tighter space with more cabins.  Maybe we'll get a price break to reflect this.. 

I completely agree that passengers (like us) who prefer to sail in the cheap seats (inside and OV cabins) are getting squeezed out of public spaces.  It's a factor on other cruise lines as well (NCL Haven, MSC Yacht Club), and We are beginning to feel like 2nd class citizens, and it's a trend that IMHO stinks, but will not be going away.

That said, if the Go Best perks are of value to you, the OV cabin prices on Celebrity are pretty much unbeatable.  So long as they keep including the alcohol package, we'll stick with them.  (Although NCL is gaining with those kinds of perks and some interesting itineraries.)

7 hours ago, Alushar said:

We are on the Millie 16 Feb out of HK to Singapore so one week after out of dry dock. Unfortunately we've only sailed S Class until now so I might not be able to identify a lot of the changes and we are sailing balcony not suite. I will try a live blog, inspired by Jim_Iain and the like, it'll prob be very boring but if anyone has questions I'll try to find the answers!

Looking forward to your review!  I sail on her on April 13th, so anticipating what she will look like!  Wishing you an amazing journey.

9 hours ago, Alushar said:

Please do a blog.   I for sure will be following.   Don't worry about being boring,   I'm sure you will do a great job and give us all a view of the Revolution.

15 hours ago, hubofhockey said:

It's the only revolution where the rich rise up and take away from the poor.  In this case, aqua class passengers are getting the shaft.

Would really be curious as to how often you have used the area where they are putting The Retreat.   Full forward on Sports Deck.  

I do lots of walking going full forward to full aft and have never seen the Sports Deck used by more than a handful of sunbathers.   While the area may be restricted to suite guest only it will also free up sun bathing around the pool.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I love the new looks.  Can't wait for our November sailing on Equinox and next July on Millennium.

I've never seen a lot of people on deck 12 either so can't see how it is taking away from other passengers. The new Aqua, ocean view and interior cabins will do more to crowd the public areas and dining rooms than the Suite Retreat. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I love the new looks.  Can't wait for our November sailing on Equinox and next July on Millennium.

I've never seen a lot of people on deck 12 either so can't see how it is taking away from other passengers. The new Aqua, ocean view and interior cabins will do more to crowd the public areas and dining rooms than the Suite Retreat. 

Have to agree with you Mary Lou.    I'm sure all the new Aqua Class rooms will put a strain on Blu.   I haven't seen the count on the new rooms being added on M-Class but from what I understand all the S-Class will be increasing to the passenger load of Reflection. 

37 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Sky Suite

Before

sky-suite_orig.thumb.jpg.82f993dab1bd735242fd9cd3647e26eb.jpg

Afer

revolution-accommodation-sky-suite-720x480.jpg.9fcc7ace1f2ce6254d95fcf875c72db1.jpg

Where are you getting these from?   Questions on the Sky Suite. The before is a picture of an SClass SS not an M Class SS.  The after rendering definitely cannot be configured from an SClass SS photo above since the bed faces the balcony

The after photo, can be an MClass given the fact that the bed faces the balcony. 

I was getting excited given the public spaces for the Edgeification but not so much on the cabins though.  The storage is horrible, and we haven't even seen the bathroom yet.  This is my opinion, but Kelly Hoppen's designs are not functional nor practical for a cruise ship cabin.  We are sailing on the Summit the 2nd cruise after drydock, and I'm wondering how my son is going to sleep on that couch.  Arghhhhh.   We started sailing suites on the S Class because the regular cabins are just too tiny for 3 people imo, and the couches were not actual pull out couches.  I'm not liking the furniture from the little I can see on the balcony in the picture either.

I know you don't spend most of your time in the cabin, but it's still important to have space to store your stuff.  It's difficult as it is and this looks like they made it even worse.  After the Summit, we have a cruise on the Equinox right after drydock.  Both these cruises were booked before the edgeification was announced.  We'll see after those.  I'll be hopeful we will like it, but if the cabins prove that impractical, we'll start looking at other lines.  With the prices Celebrity is charging now for suites, the luxury lines aren't that far out of reach now.

Thanks for posting.

Edited by Want2Cruise 701