Nassau Tour Recommendations Please

nyhitmen

Hey All

First time on a cruise is there an affordable tour we can purchase on the ship that they sponsor for my wife and I in the Nassau port that will show us around, is safe, and will be sure to make it back to ship on time? Wondering if this would be better then wandering around alone. I do not know how safe Nassau port is but we want to enjoy our one afternoon there without a stress of any bad things happening. 

3 hours ago, nyhitmen said:

Hey All

First time on a cruise is there an affordable tour we can purchase on the ship that they sponsor for my wife and I in the Nassau port that will show us around, is safe, and will be sure to make it back to ship on time? Wondering if this would be better then wandering around alone. I do not know how safe Nassau port is but we want to enjoy our one afternoon there without a stress of any bad things happening. 

What ship are you on?  What hours are you in port? Your cruise will have excursions that you can purchase prior to your cruise or at the shore excursion desk on the ship. Any excursion that you book through your cruise line will get you back to the ship on time. You will get more out of your Nassau visit if you take an excursion especially since this is your first cruise.

On 1/11/2019 at 6:41 PM, blueridgemama said:

What ship are you on?  What hours are you in port? Your cruise will have excursions that you can purchase prior to your cruise or at the shore excursion desk on the ship. Any excursion that you book through your cruise line will get you back to the ship on time. You will get more out of your Nassau visit if you take an excursion especially since this is your first cruise.

We are on the Liberty, We are in Nassau from 10 am to 6 pm

Nassau port is very busy and is safe during the day when the cruise ships are in. Since this is your first cruise you are probably safer taking a ship sponsored excursion as your transportation will be provided and you are guaranteed to get back to the ship on time. Do a search for excursions that are offered on your cruise ship. There are usually several excursions that do a general tour of the highlights of Nassau. You can also go to the excursion desk on the ship and talk to a representative who can recommend a tour for you.

We did a food and cultural walking tour with Tru Bahamian Food Tours on our last trip.  You get to see some of Nassau, learn some of the history and eat lots of great food.  Here's my review: http://susancrow.blogspot.com/2018/11/bites-of-nassau-experiencing-bahamas.html

We were also on Liberty and did the 11:30 tour.  No worries getting back to the ship in time - the tour ends close to the port so you can shop around afterwards.

Edited by CruisinCrow
  • Like 1