mactire

Credit Card charges on Marella

In February 2018 we went on a back to back cruise on Marella Discovery to the Caribbean. It was a great cruise but at the start, as we were registering, I was told that if I used my Credit Card I would be charged 2.5% on top so I used a Debit Card. At the time I was under the impression that had been stopped by legislation in the UK but Marella couldn't help me on that one.

Has anyone come across this problem in the past year.

Thanks for any replies.

Patrick

I believe  credit card charges were removed early 2018. We weren't charged any in the summer.

9 hours ago, mactire said:

In February 2018 we went on a back to back cruise on Marella Discovery to the Caribbean. It was a great cruise but at the start, as we were registering, I was told that if I used my Credit Card I would be charged 2.5% on top so I used a Debit Card. At the time I was under the impression that had been stopped by legislation in the UK but Marella couldn't help me on that one.

Has anyone come across this problem in the past year.

Thanks for any replies.

Patrick

When did you pay for your cruise? If it was before Jan 13th 2018 then they can charge - after that date they cannot.

I've no doubt that after that date they would incorporate the charge into the pricing. Cash used to be king, but not now.