Beaver1975

New to Princess, drink prices

Can someone tell me the average drink prices aboard Princess?  I am looking for basic drinks such as Rum and Coke and wine by the glass. Also, how much gratuity are added to the drink price?

I am trying to weigh the difference between buying the drink package and just buying drinks.

Most bar drinks are less than $10 on Princess.  15% gratuity

Just now, GloriaF said:

Most bar drinks are less than $10 on Princess.  15% gratuity

You can bring your own soda on- and can purchase smallish bottles of spirits to be delivered to your cabin. Just a thought if you were trying to save a little...

1 hour ago, Beaver1975 said:

Can someone tell me the average drink prices aboard Princess?  I am looking for basic drinks such as Rum and Coke and wine by the glass. Also, how much gratuity are added to the drink price?

I am trying to weigh the difference between buying the drink package and just buying drinks.

It takes around 6 to 7 alcoholic drinks per day to break even, assuming you are drinking cocktails or mixed drinks. If you drink straight whiskey may 7 or 8 drinks/day. Beers are around $6.  You would also be able to get most non-alcoholic beverages such as espresso drinks, soda and the like. All beverages, alcoholic and non-alcoholic have an automatic 15% gratuity added to the menu price. The Premium Beverage Package (PBP) price of $69/day includes the gratuity and nothing more is charged on a per drink basis.

The PBP covers all drinks menu priced $12 and under. This is about 95% of all drinks on the ship. Some glasses of wine and some high end single malt whiskeys are priced over $12.

21 hours ago, skynight said:

It takes around 6 to 7 alcoholic drinks per day to break even, assuming you are drinking cocktails or mixed drinks. If you drink straight whiskey may 7 or 8 drinks/day. Beers are around $6.  You would also be able to get most non-alcoholic beverages such as espresso drinks, soda and the like. All beverages, alcoholic and non-alcoholic have an automatic 15% gratuity added to the menu price. The Premium Beverage Package (PBP) price of $69/day includes the gratuity and nothing more is charged on a per drink basis.

The PBP covers all drinks menu priced $12 and under. This is about 95% of all drinks on the ship. Some glasses of wine and some high end single malt whiskeys are priced over $12.

You say it includes espresso drinks. Does it also include espresso and cappuccino.

9 minutes ago, Beaver1975 said:

You say it includes espresso drinks. Does it also include espresso and cappuccino.

Yes

• The package includes all bottled water (500ml only), fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), specialty coffees and teas, Gong Cha items, Frappés at Coffee & Cones, milk shakes (if available) and Red Bull energy drinks.

52 minutes ago, Beaver1975 said:

It also includes coffee drinks that have a shot of spirits added, providing the price is $12 or under. 

Coors Light, Bud & Bud Light tall boys are $7.19 incl grats.

Liquor prices will depend on brand used. Make sure that you stipulate the Well or Bar brand if you aren't picky or they will use a more expensive brand and you will be charged accordingly.

Receipts were not provided unless asked for and bar menus were not on most bars......so watch your account.

One thing that I don't see on the wine menu are the small bottles of sparking wine. I don't remember the brand but you could get two glasses out of it. Our last trip on Princess it was about $12, I think.

Korbel is the sparkling wine brand - I don't recall the price but it has always fit within the package in years past

On 1/11/2019 at 3:37 PM, WisCruiser2 said:

You really should post this in the Roll Call for the date you are sailing.... 🙂