Dining advice for Serenade

jv_nyc

Hi everyone - hope all is well! It's been a few years since I've cruised Royal Caribbean, and I know I haven't kept up with the various changes/updates to dining options, so I'd love input on what folks would do in the following scenario:

My mom and I are cruising on Serenade to the Baltics in July, and because it's just the two of us, we would enjoy sitting with others at dinner to meet folks and swap stories from the day. We're currently assigned the 8:30pm MDR slot, which is likely too late for us, and based on our tours, the 6:30pm option might be too early, meaning we don't want to be rushing when we're back on the ship to change and go to dinner.

What's My Time Dining like on Serenade these days and how does it work? Are we able to request to sit with others?

I'm also assuming that, with the exception of the Chef's Table, any specialty restaurant will likely put us at a table for two. 

Thanks in advance for your help! Happy Cruising!

You can request to sit with others, but you may have trouble finding others who want company.  Most folks do MTD because they want to eat alone, with just their group.

What are your port times?  You need to be back ON the ship 30 mins. prior to the stated time, so you probably will have ample time to get changed and to dinner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jv_nyc said:

Hi everyone - hope all is well! It's been a few years since I've cruised Royal Caribbean, and I know I haven't kept up with the various changes/updates to dining options, so I'd love input on what folks would do in the following scenario:

My mom and I are cruising on Serenade to the Baltics in July, and because it's just the two of us, we would enjoy sitting with others at dinner to meet folks and swap stories from the day. We're currently assigned the 8:30pm MDR slot, which is likely too late for us, and based on our tours, the 6:30pm option might be too early, meaning we don't want to be rushing when we're back on the ship to change and go to dinner.

What's My Time Dining like on Serenade these days and how does it work? Are we able to request to sit with others?

I'm also assuming that, with the exception of the Chef's Table, any specialty restaurant will likely put us at a table for two. 

Thanks in advance for your help! Happy Cruising!

One option might be to switch to MTD.  Then find others in your Roll Call who are also on MTD and see if you can organize a large table at your desired dinner time.

• Like 1

Just got back from a 9 day cruise on the Serenade and had Your Time Dining. We specifically wanted to sit alone being just my wife and I on our anniversary, but the people who agreed to sit with others were seated much faster than us while we waited. You will have no problem sitting with others with YTD, just let them know when you enter. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2019 at 1:34 PM, WillTravelForFood said:

Which sailing on you on? My dad and I are on the July 14th sailing and hoping to sit with other people too! We actually have the 8:30 seating as well.

Hi - we're on the one right before you. Too bad because that would have worked out well!

Edited by jv_nyc

We have done MTD many times.  A lot of times the tables for 2 are in a line and real close together.  We have often had conversations with people next to us even though we were at a table for 2