St. Petersburg Tours

Stella1250

On 2/19/2019 at 3:18 PM, Stella1250 said:

Ok, I just booked a private tour with SPB Tours. I tried Alla, but got a pretty nasty phone call from them telling me that all the tour guides will be booked already, and why do I want a private tour anyway. Won't consider them again. Thank everyone for their input. Anita.

We had negative experience with Alla. After carefully customizing  the itinerary with Alla, the itinerary was totally ignored.  When we protested, we were given several excuses such as “but you arranged it too many months ago” ( two months) and “the person who made the arrangements is no longer with us.”  What???? 

Our guide was caught in the middle. The supervisor was a most disagreeable, rigid person.

Find another company. There are many others. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2019 at 9:25 PM, resistk said:

My wife is Russian and we still did the private tour.  It is hard to get around Petersburgh so having the driver and a guide is a must if you have limited time.  We were able to cram in a huge amount stuff in 2 days including extras like Cruiser Aurora and a private speed boat on the Neva.

I used a company called Open Russia. Very professional guide, on Seabourne so docked on the River not the cruise terminal which is much more convenient.

Usual V. Busy Hermitage Tour. Faberge Eggs and Rasputin worth doing.

missed the Baltics brewery tour. They also have an excellent Telephone museum if that is your interest. Private tour with guide and Mercedes way to go. Multi entry visa a help too.