LCV upgrade

gymfreak

18 hours ago, laurieb said:

Just got the call to upgrade from a verandah to an N1; we're about 5 weeks out.   So excited!!!!

Congrats and enjoy!  May I ask how far in advance of sailing date did you apply for upgrade and what level are you in LCV? I ask as those seem to be 2 factors involved when upgrades are available. Thanks for info

25 minutes ago, floridafolks said:

Congrats and enjoy!  May I ask how far in advance of sailing date did you apply for upgrade and what level are you in LCV? I ask as those seem to be 2 factors involved when upgrades are available. Thanks for info

I can't answer the second part for laurieb, but you can apply for the LCV upgrade as soon as you book your cruise.  If you do a search on the Azamara website for "LCV Upgrade," it will take you to the form.  You should receive an email from Azamara after completing the form, so if you don't you may want to submit it again.  I am annoyed at myself for forgetting to complete the form immediately after we booked our upcoming cruise--I remembered about a month later!

On our last cruise, we were upgraded from an OV to a veranda, and we are Discoverer level.  As has been noted in this thread, however, that is a much easier upgrade to obtain based on the number of veranda cabins.

6 hours ago, floridafolks said:

I applied as soon as we booked, which was May of 2018; we're Discoverer

27 minutes ago, laurieb said:

I applied as soon as we booked, which was May of 2018; we're Discoverer

Thanks for sharing. I was not sure if folks needed to be at the very top level and apply a year in advance to have a chance. I now think I should apply- who knows- we might get a surprise. 

Enjoy!!

56 minutes ago, floridafolks said:

Thanks for sharing. I was not sure if folks needed to be at the very top level and apply a year in advance to have a chance. I now think I should apply- who knows- we might get a surprise. 

Enjoy!!

The worst that can happen is you don't get it so why not apply 🙂

On the occasions we have been fortunate to be offered an upgrade, sometimes it has been via our TA, at other times it has been from Miami/Guatemala and has only ever shown up as ‘International’ on our CLI phone, never been from the UK office. 

I should add that sometimes it has been via my mobile, usually in the afternoon a few weeks before the sail date.

Edited by Azamarajunkie

1 hour ago, cinnamon said:

Does anyone know the number you would be called from in the U.K.?  I’d like to add it to my phone so I don’t miss a call by thinking it’s from an unknown company. 

I put on the preference form that I want to be contacted by email but that never happens.

If I get a call, it is always from an International number and as it takes a few seconds to click through in the first five seconds you would be forgiven for hanging up thinking it was your usual call from Microsoft Windows

2 minutes ago, cinnamon said:

Thanks. I struggled to decide on phone or email contact, opting for phone but they also took the TA email address. I guess I’ll have to be diligent in answering my mobile once we get a few weeks out. 

In our case, although they had both our phone number and email address, they contacted our travel agent and worked through her.

With us it was via our TA

It does say in the information about these upgrades that if you booked via a travel partner then the offer is made via them, Although  in practice not sure if it works like that for everyone 

4 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Same here, so maybe look out for calls from your TA.

Because I thought our TA might have trouble contacting us, I authorized her to accept the upgrade offer on our behalf.  

Edited by tgg
  • Thanks 1

Hmm gym freak is Discover we Plus and had not been upgraded his cruise leaving in a few days. I am also Discovered Plus and have not been given the upgrade for sailing of February 24, yet people on rollcall said that they got it. I booked eleven months prior to sa Ile date. 

i also did not get it on last sailing and I booked quite early.

I have to wonder if there are other fact ors. There are still many cabins available on my sailing

8 hours ago, gymfreak said:

Thought I’d better update. We actually got an upgrade on Friday prior to sailing this coming Wednesday

Good luck to others who are waiting 

So happy for you. I checked sunday and all suites were gone, i was hopping you did get one. Now i will hope for my cruise march 09.  Hope you a fantastic cruise on the pursuit