Drink package for last few days?

Philoufelin

2 minutes ago, Philoufelin said:

Hey everyone,

I will be sailing on the Nieuw Statendam. I wanted to know if it's possible to get the drink package near the end of the cruise?

It's a 14 day cruise, and I don't want to drink alcohol everyday

Thanks!

Not that I am aware of.

The drink packages are purchased for the entire cruise.

Keep in mind that they cover all drinks under $9 - not just alcoholic 😉 

Also be on the lookout for impromptu happy hour pricing. We had a lot of it on the Zuiderdam last month, typically during the breaks in the entertainment venues. It was more like a happy fifteen minutes between sets of of BB King or the piano bar. 

14 hours ago, POA1 said:

Also be on the lookout for impromptu happy hour pricing. We had a lot of it on the Zuiderdam last month, typically during the breaks in the entertainment venues. It was more like a happy fifteen minutes between sets of of BB King or the piano bar. 

Did they announce the impromptu happy hour? I am booked on Zuiderdam and love happy hour! 

It was great on Eurodam a few years back; even bucket of beers were discounted with happy hour.

1 hour ago, jlocole said:

Did they announce the impromptu happy hour? I am booked on Zuiderdam and love happy hour! 

It was great on Eurodam a few years back; even bucket of beers were discounted with happy hour.

Yes, but you "have to be there." For example: At the end of most BB King and Piano Bar (Billboard Onboard) shows, the servers would announce that there was happy hour pricing until the next show started. I assume that it was to keep you from wandering off when the performers were on break. It's a good opportunity to stock up for the next show and usually move to a better seat. I'm not sure if buckets of beer were included. They may have been, and they have been in the past, but I didn’t really pay attention.