Jetline Simulation--Bahamas

schlimazel_traveler

I want to put in a plug for a fun activity in Nassau that my husband really enjoyed.

https://jetlinesimulationbahamas.com/

Jetline Simulation Bahamas is a 737 flight simulator that allows you to "take off" from and "land" at just about any airport in the world.

My husband is an aviation buff who took some flying lessons in single-engine planes as a teenager, but has never had a pilot's license. When I came across a mention of this outfit on someone's post in the cruise forums, I knew this was the kind of thing he'd love. He contacted the company directly and they said they'd sold all their slots for that day to the cruise lines, so he booked through our ship. The price for an hour in the simulator was about $140 (it fluctuated a little over the time I was watching it in the cruise planner--may have gone down to $130 at some point). There's room in the simulator for spectators so you can bring a friend to watch without having to pay for two people. If you are visiting at a time when ships aren't in port (or when fewer ships are), you may be able to book directly.

Ryan, the proprietor, met us at the dock and walked us through town (about 10 minutes) to the facility which is on the way to Junkanoo Beach. Along the way, he interviewed my husband about his flying experience so they could make the best use of time in the simulator. He also called ahead to get my husband's choice of airports cued up in the simulator.

In the "cockpit," James, the copilot, oriented my husband to the controls and then took him through some takeoffs and landings. I was able to take pictures and videos. Typically, an hour is enough time for three airports. (I guess it could be more if you already know how to fly a 737),

My husband was delighted with the experience and we left planning out how soon we could get back to Nassau to try a few more airports.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...