Flamingo Beach Island or De Palm Beach Island

auie2

Flamingo Beach is just a cutesy marketing name that was added by Renaissance in the past few years to drum up business. I have a timeshare there. We all refer to it as Renaissance Island. The flamingos are on what we all call the adult side, and the other side is referred to the family side.

I have snorkeled at both Renaissance Island and at De Palm Island. DePalm is better by far. Very few people snorkel at Renn. Island. It is a protected lagoon area, that Renn. created to make a beach there. There is a wall with crashing waves on the the other side. Beyond the wall is where some people go diving, but the water is extremely rough. There is very little to see inside the wall.

DePalm Island has great snorkeling. They have lot of huge, blue parrotfish, among other sea life to see. The Sea Trek helmet walk is awesome, and my favorite thing to do there. It is all inclusive, with drinks and food all day. They now have baby flamingoes, but I don't know when they will be releasing them for the public to see.

If you are going any time soon, it is doubtful that you will be able to go to Renaissance Island. They sell day passes based on occupancy, and this time of year, they are full. They are not selling any day passes right now.

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, GalwayGirl03 said:

I just used points to book a room for the day at the ocean suites for my family.  2 adults and 3 young kids.  they really want to see the flamingos but I see on your post that the flamingos are only on the adult side...can younger kids see them?

thanks!

They can only go over to the adult side from 9am - 10am.

2 minutes ago, Hatteras51 said:

They can only go over to the adult side from 9am - 10am.

Thanks! This might be a stretch then our boat isn't due in until 8 am so getting off, getting to the hotel, getting check in, then taking the boat over to the island will be tight...hmmm..is the island/pool still worth using our points for a port tay of 8-6.