No AC on Anthem of the Seas

4 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Anyone who had no AC in an inside cabin and received $200 and ever books with RCI again is a true idiot.

Here's the Kicker, we booked another Anthem cruise on the 2nd sea day - BEFORE all of this happened. We were told by the booking gal, that we had 30 days to cancel if we changed our minds.

She DIDNT say if we cancelled in those 30 days we would receive a VOUCHER for a future cruise - so that $200 we got? we didnt get.  GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

20 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Have you considered social media. News Paper subscriptions are down with many going belly up. You rarely even see anyone reading them on the train anymore.  

You rarely see trains anymore. 😉

1 minute ago, itsmeagain said:

Did the cruisers on this cruise receive customer surveys after the cruise?  I thought I heard that the NORO cruise did not and now really wondering if they don’t send them on problem cruises.

Yes, no survey on Oasis

It has been a decade since I have been to the ST Louis Zoo, and 50 years since I last took the train there.

jc

PS, it is one of America’s great zoos.  Marlon what was his name from Mutual of Omaha TV show fame’s zoo.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Rarett said:

What other social media? I mean we are on here (doubt they read this thread) we have a small FB Group (basically to vent and share info) how do you 'hit them where it counts' ? I'm writting to the news organization, TV, Paper, and On-line news. I have no idea how twitter works or hashtags or whatever else. And who would see me? 1 follower? my wife? LOL  ANY SUGGESTIONS GREATLY APPRECIATED

Well first I would pitch a ***** on Royal’s FB page. Twitter is big and it will reach a younger audience. Cruise Critic won’t help because it will only will reach cruisers who are either Loyal to Royal and would rather go down with the ship than bad mouth the line or those of us who aren’t Loyal and realize that this can happen on any line and there is no way of knowing how they would have handled the the situation and the compensation. If the compensation for the Oasis norovirus situation wasn’t publicized  I don’t think there would be such an uproar for what’s being offered now. Knowing both offers I think that the AC issue was far worse than the Noro issue. Noro is much more common and while they were sick they still were comfortable in their room. I would love to know how many cases of Noro were reported the same week on other lines that didn’t make it to the media.

Best of Luck

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

You rarely see trains anymore. 😉

I wish.  Facebook has a group called Long Island Failroad. Talk about people who should be compensated but never are. I guess when you’re the only show in town you can get away with anything and not have to be held accountable.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, if you are never going to cruise RCI what difference does it make?

jc

Warn the world.  I am never going to visit Zamboanga province on Mindanao, want to warn all Americans to stay away anyway.

4 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Haven't been on Amtrak since 1974. Travel Michigan to AZ 4 times a year been looking into doing Train with Bedroom in near future

I just looked at taking a trip on the train with a bedroom/bathroom and was shocked by the high price.

11 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

It has been a decade since I have been to the ST Louis Zoo, and 50 years since I last took the train there.

jc

PS, it is one of America’s great zoos.  Marlon what was his name from Mutual of Omaha TV show fame’s zoo.

Marlon Perkins.  He gained his fame at the Lincoln Park Zoo which is still the only free first class zoo in the US. Though Perkins started at and finished in St, Louis.

• Like 1

I thought I had been bounced to a different board. The train and zoo talk is really off topic.

I really think the affected passengers have been treated so unfairly. For what they went through I think they should have also received a 50% FCC in addition to more OBC than they got. I feels so bad for them.

All of you affected should blast their FB page repeatedly. That gets people's attention more than anything else. Keep up the fight and good luck!

Edited by The Sunset Glow

Okay reality check time...

First, I completely agree vis-a-vis Oasis compensation what they gave is completely unfair to Anthem passengers (about 10 percent of Oasis was affected, sounds like about same on Anthem - although I have to admit in most cases I would rather have a hot cabin than noro).   But if Noro was 100 percent of fare, this is worth at least 50 percent, in my opinion.   I also think they should have canceled the cruise or paid to disembark passengers in affected cabins.  But none of these things happened.

With that said, three key points.

1>  RCCL doesn't care.  No company does.  They don't really 'care' about the Oasis either.  What they do care about is image, the Oasis made the news, so they put out compensation to look good.   It's a financial decision, namely, will what we spend in compensation cost us less than the risk of reduced bookings.  They did not make the same decision for the Anthem, and unless the exposure changes they are not going to change.

2>  The way media works, its not likely the exposure is going to change to a significant level.  You might get some spray on FB or twitter but that's not going to change exposure significantly.

3>  About 300 people were probably significantly impacted.   That's an infinitesimal fraction of their cruising population.  Except in maybe a rare circumstance, which will be handled privately, they really don't care if 300 people book again.  They would like you to, but right now filling ships is not a problem.  This is true of most lines, btw.

What this means in reality is that the offer of compensation is not likely to change.  Which means each person has to make a decision on how they want to react.  There's no right answer.  For me, since I was not on this cruise and therefore not directly impacted, I'm not changing my RCCL plans for now (because I really want to see the Oasis), but if something were to happen on the Oasis, I would definitely be more of a gadfly on board now regarding repairs, compensation or alternatives...   Honestly, if I were treated this way directly?  I would at least check out other lines.

• Like 4