No AC on Anthem of the Seas

8 minutes ago, GW248 said:

Does travel insurance help at all in situations such as this?

It depends on the kind of insurance you have.  The cruise insurance we've purchased recently does allow for claims if something mechanical happens that impacts the cruise experience, but it's just a reimbursement of a couple of hundred dollars.

50 minutes ago, Spqr105 said:

I'm not superetifious at all but I swear this ship is cursed. Between the poor boy that sadly drowned to the cruise where it listed severely, there are nonstop issues in its 4 year history. 

O no another person who buys into this?  Good lord people.

jc

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Royal's response is just dumb.  Instead of handing out $300 to every balcony cabin, whether they lost air or not, they should award a larger number just to impacted cabins.  So, if 20% of cabins lost air, they should receive $1500 while unaffected cabins get $0.  Same cost to Royal but relief goes to those who deserve it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Royal's response is just dumb.  Instead of handing out $300 to every balcony cabin, whether they lost air or not, they should award a larger number just to impacted cabins.  So, if 20% of cabins lost air, they should receive $1500 while unaffected cabins get $0.  Same cost to Royal but relief goes to those who deserve it.

Are you sure unaffected rooms received money?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spqr105 said:

I'm not superetifious at all but I swear this ship is cursed. Between the poor boy that sadly drowned to the cruise where it listed severely, there are nonstop issues in its 4 year history. 

Nonstop issues! 😂 

😂    😂    😂    😂 

Edited by ObstructedView2

1 hour ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Sadly, it appears that the norovirus issue on the Oasis might have received such prompt and excellent compensation because of the bad PR.  That compensation resulted in a lot of people (including me) admiring RCI for the way they handled a problem that was not really under their control.  The a/c problem on the Anthem has not received any media attention, and even though the problem should have been under their control, it appears that the situation doesn't present a large enough opportunity to look good to the general public for them to appropriately compensate the people who were affected.  I wonder if that would have been different if the ship were to be met by the media upon return to port to interview the people whose vacations were severely impacted?

Perhaps if the local news sources around Bayone/NYC were aware of continuing RCCL problems it would get some traction.

I’m usually the first person to say sometimes things just happen and not everything that goes wrong is compensable. This is NOT one of those situations!

I’m really disappointed and puzzled by RCI’s response and pitiful compensation offer. To me, an A/C outage in the Caribbean would be one of the few things that could completely ruin a cruise for me, because I simply can’t sleep if I’m hot. It would ruin the cruise for my husband too, because I get “cranky”😉 when I’m sleep deprived.

Perhaps the bean counters who determined this was an adequate response to THEIR failure to deliver what was promised would like to spend their next vacation in cabins with temperatures approaching 90 degrees. I guarantee their dismissive attitude and “compensation” offer would change quickly if they were in the same situation.

16 minutes ago, psternklar said:

Perhaps if the local news sources around Bayone/NYC were aware of continuing RCCL problems it would get some traction.

I am not on the ship and not affected.  I was hoping that somebody who was directly affected would agree with me and take action.  

Edited by ZoeyVictoria

For those sending emails I would highly recommend you only send one, and send it to Michael Bayley.  The only time I had to send one, I sent it to him and things worked out.

Hopefully you all have the same luck. 

• Like 1

I just received an email stating the  ship was getting into port late due to a medical issue and the stop in Bermuda. Not a word about the broken ac.  Why not send out some newsletter detailing the repairs. Do they not know cruiser talk to each other?

Hello all,

Yes we are getting in around 9am tomorrow due to medical issue that caused divertvto bermuda. New cruise folks are delayed to start checkin at 1130.

A/C issues - sadly not all are fixed, plus ice machines and ice cream machines are down. Unknown ETA for fixing. 

I hope you guys have a great cruise, because besides the horrible hotel director and customer service manager and ride customer service staff, ALL the other staff on this ship were superb!! Great service.

Good luck and try to have fun

6 hours ago, Spqr105 said:

i was on the anthem when the person jump off the back of the ship and wasnt found

59 minutes ago, cindersdad said:

i was on the anthem when the person jump off the back of the ship and wasnt found

we were with you...very sad....  not looking forward to this cruise tomorrow.  Royal really messed up with this.  Our friends have been in an inside virtual cabin with over 80 degree temp till last night when it went down to 74.  But the temps outside much cooler.  

14 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Totally get that however only 500 people or so got sick. The rest still received a cruise, albeit missing  a day and a couple port stops.

The poor folks on the Anthem suffered for 5 days,  certainly everyone on Anthem should not get anything however those that were affected certainly deserve more than the couple hundred offered.

I just feel that those on Anthem that were affected by the broken AC suffered a while lot more than the 5000 on Oasis that did not get sick.

A couple 🤔, try two thirds, it sounds better. 😉

• Like 1

11 hours ago, crisndeefromde said:

we were with you...very sad....  not looking forward to this cruise tomorrow.  Royal really messed up with this.  Our friends have been in an inside virtual cabin with over 80 degree temp till last night when it went down to 74.  But the temps outside much cooler.  

Still not comparable. 

18 hours ago, psternklar said:

A broken A/C on a cruise ship isn't going to make the news. It's a first world problem. Now if people were reported to be sick or died then there may be a story. A broken A/C happens all of the time on cruise ships. 

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:14 AM, Felipevergarac said:

It’s been 2 nights without air conditioner on the cabins and some public areas while sailing the caribbean on Anthem of the Seas. 81 degrees on interior rooms at night, impossible to get a good sleep, not a word from the captain or anyone else.

2 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I think the media grabs onto every little thing that goes wrong on cruise ships.  And I don’t believe DAYS without air conditioning is such a little thing.

It is a big thing for those who are suffering due to the situation. However in th scheme of things Federal employees who aren’t getting paid and don’t have money for food or rent is the top story. Last week we didn’t have heat at work. Took all day before someone came to fix it. The news media didn’t show up for that either. Do a search for broken A/C on cruise Critic. This happens all of the time an all lines. It must have been a slow day for the media the day Oasis reported Noro as it’s also very common on cruise ships. I’m sure other lines are experiencing noro as well but the Oasis is a huge ship so it got the story.

• Like 1