Princess Cruise "Secrets" 2019

barbpretz

Well, it seems like time to start a new Princess "Secrets" thread. I realize that some of the "secrets" might be repetitious, but some information does change, and people new to Princess might miss information in older threads. I just like to keep the conversation going.  I'm always learning something new!

• Like 9

Own 100 shares of carnival stock and receive onboard credit for each voyage. And now it appears the program no longer requires your voyage to be within 90 days to have the obc added to your cruise personalizer.

We faxed in forms for 4 voyages a few weeks and all received the credit within a couple hours even with voyages from 4 weeks to nearly two years in the future. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If you are on one of the older ships (older than the Royal class builds), if you are are confused about which hallway to enter to get to your room... look down at the carpet--- on the edges there will be a red border or a blue border. 

The red border is for the Portside (Port= red like the wine) and the blue border is for Starboard. The waves in the border go to front of the ship.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

Other old advice...

future cruise deposits purchased while on a cruise. 

Princess allows re-faring your cruise up until at least final payment date. Watch out for change in perks/benefits.

Wine is fine, but liquor is quicker. 

It is likely Princess will offer a bonus gift card with the  purchase of a gift card at Mother’s Day and Father’s Day. You will need a coupon code at the time. Watch cruise critic boards for the code. 

Beverages available for free all day.

Water
Coffee like product
Hot tea
Hot chocolate - maybe
Iced tea
Lemonade

available for free in the morning 
Milk 
Chocolate milk
Juices - Tom, Orange, Apple, cranberry cocktail,
prune, others(ask)
Soy milk
Other beverages (ask)

Edited by neverbeenhere
  • Like 3

On 1/14/2019 at 10:53 PM, TracieABD said:

Room service is free... except for the pizza- they will deliver a whole pizza for $3

On our 12/19 cruise, pizza was not on the room service menu. Maybe you have to call and ask for it.....don't know for sure. There were some items added that did a charge but as the majority is free.

Cruises may appear sold out one day and then not the next day. Tracking a cruise to Mexico , looking for a last minute fare reduction. Monday 27 cabins left. Yesterday none. Today 22. Not sure what is causing this.  Be patient. Cruise before had availability up to  2 days  before sailing 

If your budget permits, spring for the specialty restaurants at dinner. I've only been on four-night California Coastal cruises with Princess (on three different ships---the Ruby, the Emerald, and the Crown), and I learned on the first cruise that the specialty restaurants were head-and-shoulders above the MDRs in ambiance, service, and food quality---well worth the $29 charge. On my second and third cruises I ate every night in a specialty restaurant. I'd do it again if I sail with Princess again.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Happy2cruise said:

On our 12/19 cruise, pizza was not on the room service menu. Maybe you have to call and ask for it.....don't know for sure. There were some items added that did a charge but as the majority is free.

Hmmmm... not sure. I have never actually ordered a pizza. I am the kind of girl who can get a pizza at home- and will eat only one or two slices... I would be totally overwhelmed with a whole pizza.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, TracieABD said:

Hmmmm... not sure. I have never actually ordered a pizza. I am the kind of girl who can get a pizza at home- and will eat only one or two slices... I would be totally overwhelmed with a whole pizza.

We did it once and the whole pizza was not that big plus it was cold. 

21 hours ago, TracieABD said:

It is a 12" pizza so not all that large and more like a personal pizza. 

On 1/16/2019 at 9:53 AM, oskidunker said:

Cruises may appear sold out one day and then not the next day. Tracking a cruise to Mexico , looking for a last minute fare reduction. Monday 27 cabins left. Yesterday none. Today 22. Not sure what is causing this.  Be patient. Cruise before had availability up to  2 days  before sailing 

TA have blocks of cabins that they release as unsold close to the sailing.  Add to that pax who cancel their cruise sometimes close to sailing (hope they bought insurance!).  

On 1/14/2019 at 8:59 PM, gottagocit said:

Own 100 shares of carnival stock and receive onboard credit for each voyage. And now it appears the program no longer requires your voyage to be within 90 days to have the obc added to your cruise personalizer.

We faxed in forms for 4 voyages a few weeks and all received the credit within a couple hours even with voyages from 4 weeks to nearly two years in the future. 

How did you arrange that?  did you put all 4 voyages info on the form?  We have 4 booked and that would make it easier to do it all in one shot!

8 hours ago, suzyed said:

How did you arrange that?  did you put all 4 voyages info on the form?  We have 4 booked and that would make it easier to do it all in one shot!

I did fax them individually on 4 different forms. At first there only 3 cruises but a few days after submitting those we added a last minute Caribbean voyage.   

• Like 2

8 hours ago, suzyed said:

Made my own  form  similar  to printed  one.  Included name  ,  address , phone  and  email  address then listed  all  four  cruises  ( ship, booking  number  and sail  date) also  attached stock shares and  faxed , received OBC  for all four  cruises including  one  for  November  2019

• Like 2