Princess Cruise "Secrets" 2019

barbpretz

One trick is if you're travelling with another couple, split yourselves up (on paper) so you have 2 different booking numbers, then you can request the SH OBC for the 2 different cabins.  I was able to do that with just the one 100 share account held jointly.

11 hours ago, julie3fan said:

One trick is if you're travelling with another couple, split yourselves up (on paper) so you have 2 different booking numbers, then you can request the SH OBC for the 2 different cabins.  I was able to do that with just the one 100 share account held jointly.

Yes but if the other couple also requests shareholder credit it doesn't work. It only allowed once per cabin.

16 hours ago, julie3fan said:

Oh goodie ... share the wealth, advertise how to scam the corp., give them reason to reassess the program FOR ALL OF US.

• Like 4

On 1/23/2019 at 12:15 PM, trbarton said:

If your willing to be upgraded only to the next category like from Balcony to Mini Suite, have your booking marked “Mita Upgrade” which means you’re only interested in the next higher category. I do this every time I make a booking. I do this every time I make a booking. 

Tom😀

Can you explain the point of this please?

21 hours ago, pms4104 said:

Oh goodie ... share the wealth, advertise how to scam the corp., give them reason to reassess the program FOR ALL OF US.

But it still only works if the other couple doesn't own 100 or more shares of Carnival stock or they don't care about you collecting the OBC. 

8 hours ago, phoenixx said:

Can you explain the point of this please?

Princess may want to upgrade you & if for example you’re in an ocean view stateroom they may want to move you to another area of the ship still in an ocean view that they consider an upgrade. Like from the forward of the ship to the middle of the ship which is usually more expensive. By marking your reservation “Meta Upgrade” the only upgrade that I’m willing to except is from Ocean View to Balcony which is the next higher category not anywhere in the same category. 

Any more questions please ask. 

Tom😎

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

Princess may want to upgrade you & if for example you’re in an ocean view stateroom they may want to move you to another area of the ship still in an ocean view that they consider an upgrade. Like from the forward of the ship to the middle of the ship which is usually more expensive. By marking your reservation “Meta Upgrade” the only upgrade that I’m willing to except is from Ocean View to Balcony which is the next higher category not anywhere in the same category. 

Any more questions please ask. 

Tom😎

Do you stand a better chance of an upgrade to a balcony if you book the highest category of an oceanview?  Has anyone ever gotten bumped up booking a mini suite to an actual suite?  Does your Princess status (Platinum/Elite) play into being offered an upgrade?  What's your opinion?  I need your 'Secrets' to getting an upgrade. (Or maybe it's all just luck of the draw??)

Edited by Crazy4Cruz'n

10 minutes ago, Crazy4Cruz'n said:

Platinum/Elite

Do you stand a better chance of an upgrade to a balcony if you book the highest category of an oceanview?  Has anyone ever gotten bumped up booking a mini suite to an actual suite?  Does your Princess status (Platinum/Elite) play into being offered an upgrade?  What's your opinion?  I need your 'Secrets' to getting an upgrade. (Or maybe it's all just luck of the draw??)

I’m not aware of any tricks as to an upgrade. Princess has a department called “Yield Management “ which controls  the staterooms on the ship. I personally have not received an offer often. I’ve read many posts & have not seen anything that would add to getting an offer. If you’re using a T/A you might see what they could do. I don’t think anyone knows why some people get picked & others don’t. One theory is that they move you up so that they can sell the cheaper inside cabins. 

Tom😎

12 minutes ago, Crazy4Cruz'n said:

Platinum/Elite

I’m not aware of any tricks as to an upgrade. Princess has a department called “Yield Management “ which controls  the staterooms on the ship. I personally have not received an offer often. I’ve read many posts & have not seen anything that would add to getting an offer. If you’re using a T/A you might see what they could do. I don’t think anyone knows why some people get picked & others don’t. One theory is that they move you up so that they can sell the cheaper inside cabins. 

Tom😎

On 1/14/2019 at 10:13 PM, TracieABD said:

If you are on one of the older ships (older than the Royal class builds), if you are are confused about which hallway to enter to get to your room... look down at the carpet--- on the edges there will be a red border or a blue border. 

The red border is for the Portside (Port= red like the wine) and the blue border is for Starboard. The waves in the border go to front of the ship.

On the Royal Princess herself watch the fish in the carpeting.  They always swim to the bow.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Crazy4Cruz'n said:

Free upgrades seem to be mainly only a few categories up, so yes your chances of getting a balcony from a higher category of ocean view are better than if you book a lower category. Also, we’ve been told by our TA (and Princess TA’s too) that they do favor Elites when they can. We’ve done everything up to a suite but have never gotten a suite. Lately we’ve had very good luck booking late and booking a guarantee category and getting upgrades. (We have 53 Princess cruises). Of course, you always have to be able to be satisfied with the level you booked and we don’t spend much time in our cabin anyway.  Ships that are not selling as fast seem to upgrade or up sell earlier. Our very first Princess Cruise we booked an obstructed view (picked our cabin) and were surprised to find we’d been upgraded to a balcony when we checked in!  (That was ‘08). We were hooked! 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 7:13 PM, TracieABD said:

If you are on one of the older ships (older than the Royal class builds), if you are are confused about which hallway to enter to get to your room... look down at the carpet--- on the edges there will be a red border or a blue border. 

The red border is for the Portside (Port= red like the wine) and the blue border is for Starboard. The waves in the border go to front of the ship.

Some of the older ships are converting to new carpet without the red blue. However, with the red blue carpet, the waves also faced the bow, though as some was replaced, they put it in backwards.

3 hours ago, RRFan said:

Our very first Princess Cruise we booked an obstructed view (picked our cabin) and were surprised to find we’d been upgraded to a balcony when we checked in!  (That was ‘08). We were hooked! 

hook, line and sinker ... perfect execution by Princess ... at no additional incremental cost

• Like 1

10 hours ago, trbarton said:

Tom😎

Never got an upgrade....never got an upsell offer....never got a move over offer.

On 7/31/2019 at 10:09 PM, nusail said:

Thanks to all who responded. I confess, now that I know what it is ... bangers and mash, meat pie, etc. ... I don't think it's really my thing but many others clearly enjoy it if the line starts early and gets long. We're lucky the cruise lines have something for every taste. 😊

When we went, we both got fish and chips. We also got there within 15 or 20 minutes of the end time and there was no wait at all.

On 7/31/2019 at 10:09 PM, nusail said:

Thanks to all who responded. I confess, now that I know what it is ... bangers and mash, meat pie, etc. ... I don't think it's really my thing but many others clearly enjoy it if the line starts early and gets long. We're lucky the cruise lines have something for every taste. 😊

We always make it to the pub lunch. Had kidney pie there once - figured why not try something different and it was actually good. 

On 9/8/2019 at 4:17 PM, alanstarr said:

Not sure if its just for this itinerary, or because its late in the Alaska season, or if this happens often. But Alfredo's on the Royal is offering bottles of wine for $9.00 (+18%). Cheaper than a single glass! Only small catch is that you must drink it there, or in your cabin (or you can return to Alfredo's with it as well). The red was a Diseno Malbec (pretty decent), the white was something from Nobilo (didn't see the varietal). 

Full or half bottle?

14 hours ago, OccasionalSanta said:

For the cruise credit you don't really need a form. I just attach a letter to my proof of ownership documents with my name, Booking number, ship name and sailing date. 

CarnivalStockLetter.jpg

Even simpler we just write the necessary info right on the statement page we are faxing.  Last few times the OBC has been posted within 24 hours. 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2019 at 5:35 PM, MotownVoice said:

On the Royal Princess herself watch the fish in the carpeting.  They always swim to the bow.

When you come out of an elevator and turn toward one side of the ship or the other, just look at the model of the ship on the wall in front of you (usually there is one nearby.) The model on the wall points the same way as the actual ship. If you're coming out of a stateroom, look at the room numbers-lower numbers are always toward the bow (front) of the ship. The carpet trick doesn't always work because not all ships have symbols of fish on the carpeting. The Regal Princess, for example doesn't. It has has symbols that have no real rhyme nor reason.

Tom