Princess Cruise "Secrets" 2019

barbpretz

21 hours ago, MissP22 said:

If you've had s few drinks it'd easy to get turned around. 

carpet.jpg

There are always these neat boards on the wall at either side of the elevator lobby; they tell you the cabin numbers to be found in either direction: BRILLIANT!😂

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, jwattle said:

There are always these neat boards on the wall at either side of the elevator lobby; they tell you the cabin numbers to be found in either direction: BRILLIANT!😂

That's true but on occasion I get turned around & don't have to walk all the way to an elevator to find out.

btw- the photo you posted is not correct. It doesn't indicate the direction like the last one I posted in #473;

Edited by MissP22

29 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

That's true but on occasion I get turned around & don't have to walk all the way to an elevator to find out.

btw- the photo you posted is not correct. It doesn't indicate the direction like the last one I posted in #473;

My posting was for when you first get off of an elevator.

On 9/12/2019 at 9:31 AM, trbarton said:

Passport Card....Anyone once on the ship just took your Passport Card when going ashore vs your passport?

Tom😎

I’ve done this. Any government issued, picture ID will work for getting back on the ship though. Just be aware, the card will not allow you to fly if you get stranded.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2019 at 6:07 AM, Buckeye10640 said:

Even simpler we just write the necessary info right on the statement page we are faxing.  Last few times the OBC has been posted within 24 hours. 

When I called Princess , the agent was clear that I should use their form  which she emailed to me .

I am sure doing as you did is fine . 

Speaking of which, why the hell can't we send the necessary info in an email as an attachment . Who the heck has a fax machine anymore . 

Here's the form she sent me .

large.png

Edited by richstowe
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, richstowe said:

When I called Princess , the agent was clear that I should use their form  which she emailed to me .

I am sure doing as you did is fine . 

Speaking of which, why the hell can't we send the necessary info in an email as an attachment . Who the heck has a fax machine anymore . 

Here's the form she sent me .

large.png

Just fill in the form & the use faxzero to send it. It's free. 

Although the form isn't really necessary I still use it since it just makes sure all the info is there.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Just fill in the form & the use faxzero to send it. It's free. 

Although the form isn't really necessary I still use it since it just makes sure all the info is there.

I used to send it from work but now I use faxzero as well. Totally free and works great. I've used both the form and a simple Word doc. They both work fine.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

I used to send it from work but now I use faxzero as well. Totally free and works great. I've used both the form and a simple Word doc. They both work fine.

Me too.  I downloaded a version of the benefit form that is in Word format and just open it, fill in my current information and use FaxZero to send it.  Eazy-Peazy.  It used to take weeks for the credit to show up, but lately it's been a matter of 2 days.  Also, PCL does not send you any notification that you have the owner's benefit credit.  Look in your Personalizer under Payments and Credits, all the way to the bottom and it will show up there.  It usually shows up on my Travel Summary, but for some reason, my upcoming October cruise isn't showing it.  I have printed off the Credits section showing all of my OBC just in case, but we've never failed to received it.  I just always figure the one time I don't have all my ducks in a row, we'll get on board and not have it.  

18 minutes ago, RRFan said:

Me too.  I downloaded a version of the benefit form that is in Word format and just open it, fill in my current information and use FaxZero to send it.  Eazy-Peazy.  It used to take weeks for the credit to show up, but lately it's been a matter of 2 days.  Also, PCL does not send you any notification that you have the owner's benefit credit.  Look in your Personalizer under Payments and Credits, all the way to the bottom and it will show up there.  It usually shows up on my Travel Summary, but for some reason, my upcoming October cruise isn't showing it.  I have printed off the Credits section showing all of my OBC just in case, but we've never failed to received it.  I just always figure the one time I don't have all my ducks in a row, we'll get on board and not have it.  

Do not just trust that you have the OBC. If it doesn't show on the personalizer or the travel summary it isn't there. Call them. The number to call and check if your fax has been received and the credit applied is:  800 872 6779 ext. 30317

I've called that number before when my credit didn't show up and they said they had never received the request. I immediately sent it again and they got it and applied the credit. Don't take a chance. Call.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Do not just trust that you have the OBC. If it doesn't show on the personalizer or the travel summary it isn't there. Call them. The number to call and check if your fax has been received and the credit applied is:  800 872 6779 ext. 30317

I've called that number before when my credit didn't show up and they said they had never received the request. I immediately sent it again and they got it and applied the credit. Don't take a chance. Call.

Thanks. Maybe I’ll check on Monday. It does show in my Personalizer in the Payments and Credits section along with our TA OBC and our future cruise deposit OBC.   It just does not show up on our Travel Summary (none of our OBC’s are on that and usually are). We also get a loyalty OBC once onboard, but that never shows up in the Personalizer. FaxZero sent a confirmation that the fax was successful. 

I don't think we will ever get the loyalty OBC - even the lowest level. I believe it starts on your 21st cruise. We are sooooooooooooo far from that level! We will make Elite after our upcoming cruise. That will give us 13 cruises and 154 days. We have our first cruise as Elite 4 days after that one. A very long way from 21 cruises.

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

I don't think we will ever get the loyalty OBC - even the lowest level. I believe it starts on your 21st cruise. We are sooooooooooooo far from that level! We will make Elite after our upcoming cruise. That will give us 13 cruises and 154 days. We have our first cruise as Elite 4 days after that one. A very long way from 21 cruises.

What is the loyalty credit? I have never heard of this one.

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

On my medallion cruise I was able to opt out of all paper. No ads, flyers, useless printouts. Got the patter on my phone!

Do you actually mean that they left NO advertisements in you room at all like Effie, spa, speciality restaurants, sales, etc.?

If so was it the app on your phone that allowed this to happen?

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Extra OBC added to your onboard account.

21-31 cruises = 25

31-41 cruises = 50 .... don't know after that 

$75 for 42–51 cruise credits
$100 for 52+ cruise credits

10 hours ago, RRFan said:

Thanks. Maybe I’ll check on Monday. It does show in my Personalizer in the Payments and Credits section along with our TA OBC and our future cruise deposit OBC.   It just does not show up on our Travel Summary (none of our OBC’s are on that and usually are). We also get a loyalty OBC once onboard, but that never shows up in the Personalizer. FaxZero sent a confirmation that the fax was successful. 

If it shows in Payments & Credits, then you have it and no need to worry.  You can print off the Payments & Credits page and take it with you or scan to your smartphone.  As for the Travel Summary, did you book with a TA?  If so, the Payments section of Travel Summary is suppressed.  I am not sure that we ever saw OBC there.  I have on occasion had TA send the actual Princess PDF that shows payments, but not recently.  If you were to see that, it shows Princess pricing and not discounted TA pricing.