which beach?

RedRox

Hi All,

We will be on Aruba on Royal Caribbean for a day in mid-April.  Our port hours are nice and long- 8am-11pm.  Curious what is suggested for a day of fun?   We are looking at some beach time, and maybe a catamaran sail.  Can someone shed some light on the major differences between Palm Beach and Eagle Beach?  We would like a calm (no waves) beach with a nice shorline to walk a bit, clear water, good snorkeling from the beach, and some concessions, with chairs/umbrella- less crowded would be nice- I've also seen pictures of these beaches on Aruba with beautiful trees in the sand- not palm trees- are either of these beaches the one?  Also, as far as catamaran, any suggestions? Maybe a catamaran that goes to a beach or to a few good snorkeling spots?  Since we will be in port until 11, also considering some nightlife or a sunset catamaran?  Lastly, which of those two beaches is closer to port? How much should we expect to pay for taxi?  Thanks again!

Eagle Beach is slightly closer to port. Eagle is less crowded and more relaxing.  Palm has more vendors and is much more crowded but has more options for food and drink.  You can rent chairs at either. Don’t remember how much a taxi is but the bus runs right by the beach.  We would take a taxi there and the bus back to port.   You can find catamaran tours on the Aruba tourist site and trip advisor

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/14/2019 at 12:34 PM, RedRox said:

I've also seen pictures of these beaches on Aruba with beautiful trees in the sand- not palm trees- are either of these beaches the one? 

Anyone know which beach it is that has the trees?

Eagle has some trees in spots. None are near the shoreline. Eagle has waves, which can be fairly large at times. 

Palm Beach has plenty of palm trees. The water in Palm Beach is very calm. 

There is no snorkeling on either beach. You aren't going to find a beach with no waves and snorkeling. Many people go to Arashi or Boca Catalina to snorkel, but they have waves.

Baby Beach is calm and has snorkeling, but it is far from the port and a very expensive taxi ride. 

RedRox:

As for a catamaran sail, last year we did the Black Pearl for a sunset sail (& snorkeling if you want.)  It's a little unique in that about 90% of the seating is covered and in the shade ... and it's made up of loungers, so the entire time you can be stretched out with drinks in hand.  They serve some small sandwiches, too (like grilled cheese sandwiches, which are better than your everyday grilled cheese.)  We did a sunset sail, which would fit with your timeline ... and it was great.  One of the most relaxing water excursions I've ever been on.  (My Wife snorkeled ... I just stretched out & enjoyed the scenery.)  They also only take about 25 people at a time, so you're not packed in like sardines.  I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

The Black Pearl leaves from an area of Palm Beach, which leads me to the other part of your query ... we went to the dock area through Moomba Beach Bar & Grill, and stopped there for a beverage before getting on Black Pearl.  Looked like an active beach, but with calm water and plenty of chairs and shade ... Moomba Beach bar was a pretty neat place, which I'd also go back to.

You can find more info and photos of both the above via Google or YouTube.  Hope this helps ...