After the Outbreak - Oasis of the Seas

Drock20J

Hello everyone!

I was on the Oasis last week with my wife and daughter (1.5 years old) and luckily we did not get sick.  I just wanted to say how impressed I was with the crew. From the moment we found out something was going down (Tuesday night after our stop on Haiti,) the crew worked endlessly to ensure a clean ship and a comfortable cruise. I have never seen anything like it. Crew cleaning everything and often,  actors from CATS and the Dive Show serving drinks/food. All of this just to ensure those of us who were not sick, remained that way.

In the aftermath of the cruise, I have a profound respect for the crew and RCCL. I made sure I thanked every member of the crew I could see. Though the circumstances sucked, the cruise was still fun, and comfy!

I wanted the CEO and COO of RCCL to know how I felt, and with the negative press going around, I thought it was important that I share my positive review of the week. I emailed both the CEO and COO not expect a response, but when I got back to my desk this morning, there was a reply from the CEO. Michael Bayley's response was not anything grand, just a simple thank you. He did not have to reply, I mean, he is going through a lot of challenges right now. But, he did, and I appreciate it all.

I cannot wait to sail with RCCL again... I really want to see Cozumel!

• Like 35
  • Thanks 2

Oasis also has one of the best hotel directors of the fleet, Peter Dimitrov, hence a big thank you would go to him

the reason Noro outbreaks in the first place is due to personal hygiene of the passengers themselves of which RCCL unfortunately can’t control

Edited by LXA350
  • Like 2

I have been on a sick ship, also (blessedly) without becoming ill.  The staff has to do double the work and it's really hard on them.  We made sure to thank everyone and definitely upped our tips for that cruise.  

What infuriated me on that ship were the people who tried to leave the restroom without washing - I or another passenger always stopped them.  How completely unaware can a person be?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, flamingos said:

What infuriated me on that ship were the people who tried to leave the restroom without washing - I or another passenger always stopped them.  How completely unaware can a person be?

People can be so disgusting. 🤢

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ramja96 said:

People can be so disgusting. 🤢

Worse than disgusting. They bring it on the ship and they spread it around. Many many people do not practice proper hygiene and make the rest of us suffer. On a ship, on a plane, in the theatre, while shopping.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flamingos said:

What infuriated me on that ship were the people who tried to leave the restroom without washing -

Or rinse their hands for 2 seconds without applying soap and then walk out. Total waste of clean water. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, vettprincess said:

They bring it on the ship and they spread it around.

Which raises another matter - people not being honest when answering the health questionnaire pre-boarding. Worse - I've seen people ON THESE BOARDS condoning this. 😡

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ramja96 said:

Which raises another matter - people not being honest when answering the health questionnaire pre-boarding. Worse - I've seen people ON THESE BOARDS condoning this. 😡

No health questionnaire on JW boarding in Miami this weekend.

19 minutes ago, ramja96 said:

When you get off the plane in Toyko they have thermal cameras looking for sick people with a fever.  Not terribly difficult technology to have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

Same for us when we boarded the recently noro victimized OAS on 12/12/18. First time in a long time that we did not see the form / questionnaire.

16 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

Health questionnaires are almost gone,

We did not fill out a health questionnaire, but but we were asked the health questions at check in.  Either way people may lie, but perhaps when asked a direct question they might tell the truth, especially the uninitiated and/or children if had not already preplanned their lies.

16 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

Health questionnaires are almost gone,

The last few cruises we have been on have not had questionnaires but the person checking us in did ask both of us if we had been sick, fever etc in the last 72 hours. 

39 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

None on Rhapsody out of Tampa on the 5th either.  Oh joy...we both caught the flu...even with already having the flu shot this year.  😮 

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

None on Rhapsody out of Tampa on the 5th either.  Oh joy...we both caught the flu...even with already having the flu shot this year.  😮 

BTW on the Rhapsody TA no witten questionnaire but had a verbal one. On Jewel none written or Verbal.

Edited by FLACRUISER99
Sp

1 hour ago, baileybrad said:

Same for us when we boarded the recently noro victimized OAS on 12/12/18. First time in a long time that we did not see the form / questionnaire.

We have cruised from Port Canaveral several times since RCI did away with the Health Questionnaire. Each and every time the reception person has asked if either one of us was or had been sick (My words not a quote). 

I am sure people lie on those things anyway.   I asked once what happens if a person says yes.  Was told a ships doctor comes and checks them out

we get weird looks and comments about using hand sAnitizer after touching the menu.    I get one vacation a year I wash my hands . I do everything possible to avoid people who don’t washy washy.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, monkeyinhat said:

we get weird looks and comments about using hand sAnitizer after touching the menu.    I get one vacation a year I wash my hands . I do everything possible to avoid people who don’t washy washy.

Remember that Hand sanitizer is not effective on Noro.  It certainly doesnt hurt, but dont rely on it to protect you.

6&8